Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2006, 09:22 PM

Default GWB flipflops too soon - says he never said \"Stay the Course\"

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/22/...ay-the-course/

hilarious -

for him to spew such blatently false ignorance like this is normal, but I expected it AFTER the midterms -

the fear is spreading [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - they have to start re-spinning 3 weeks before the election in an attempt to save votes -

at least we're now considering other options - see - it IS good to have some competition once in a while - brings out competence

footage and documentation at the above link

rb
Old 10-22-2006, 09:28 PM

Default Re: GWB flipflops too soon - says he never said \"Stay the Course\"

"but we're constantly adjusting to taxes."

O RLY? Where's all the debt coming from?
Old 10-22-2006, 09:38 PM

transcript says tactics -

still a complete 180 degrees from "We'll stay in Iraq even if Laura and the dog are the only ones who support me"

I can't wait for him to become a Lame Duck - he's way overdue for a serious dressing down.

rb
Old 10-23-2006, 10:41 AM

I think this flip-flop shows how much pressure Bush is getting from Baker and the other adults who have assumed control over this administration. I wouldn't be surprised if Baker recommends withdraawing from Iraq very soon -- possibly even before the election.

However, it's important to remember that this is just a "tactical" change. The goal/strategy has never been to bring democracy to Iraq or to "stay the course," the strategy has always been to "win." Allowing a theocracy to take hold in Iraq and giving up on installing a democracy is just a tactical change.

Oh, and even though Stephie didn't have the gonads to challenge Bush on this most blatant of flip-flops, this reporter did challenge Bush's spokesperson:

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/23/...ay-the-course/

The big question is: Will people who haven't yet been shamed from calling themselves Republicans buy this latest load of tripe? My guess is yes and that we will see O'Reilly-Hanitty trumpeting these new tactics this evening.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:04 AM

"BUSH: Well, hey, listen, we’ve never been “stay the course,” George. We have been — we will complete the mission, we will do our job, and help achieve the goal, but we’re constantly adjusting to tactics. Constantly."

whiskey,

Once again you are a dishonest fount of BS rhetoric as are your libocrat sources. The president is clearly just saying he didn't mean "staying the course" to mean tactics, but that "staying the course" as to the goals is what he meant.

Complete the mission = staying the course, though the tactics to achieve that mission may well change.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"BUSH: Well, hey, listen, we’ve never been “stay the course,” George. We have been — we will complete the mission, we will do our job, and help achieve the goal, but we’re constantly adjusting to tactics. Constantly."

whiskey,

Once again you are a dishonest fount of BS rhetoric as are your libocrat sources. The president is clearly just saying he didn't mean "staying the course" to mean tactics, but that "staying the course" as to the goals is what he meant.

Complete the mission = staying the course, though the tactics to achieve that mission may well change.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Huh? You've confused me with your fancy talk and I'll now return to supporting our beloved leader. The facts almost got to me there.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, it's important to remember that this is just a "tactical" change. The goal/strategy has never been to bring democracy to Iraq or to "stay the course," the strategy has always been to "win." Allowing a theocracy to take hold in Iraq and giving up on installing a democracy is just a tactical change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to clarify that the above quote from me was sarcasm but I'm pretty sure that Bluffthis is serious in his "analysis" of Bush's mumbo-jumbo.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What? Huh? You've confused me with your fancy talk and I'll now return to supporting our beloved leader. The facts almost got to me there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, yeah quite. Bluff is almost being intellectually dishonest there.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:16 AM

whiskey you just don't get it. All those times he said "stay the course" he was meaning always change the course but "stay the course" on the whole mission in Iraq. You must have a brain deficiency if you cannot understand this fine splitting of hairs. You know as well as I do that the President has always spoken eloquently and with a lot fine details and qualifications, instead of this cut and dried nonsense. I'm sure if you look at previous speeches he has made that there are NO black and white issues for him (lol).
Old 10-23-2006, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

whiskey,

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god someone really believes it. This is quite amusing.