Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Poolside Cabanas at the Hard Rock

Sorry for the slightly off track post, but my bachelors party is scheduled in Vegas in a couple of weeks time. Some of my guests have rented a poolside cabana for us at the Hard Rock for the weekend.

What are the pluses/minuses here? Anyone with experience want to give me some context?

In a related question, if the bachelor party is on Friday night, anyone want to give an over/under on me making the Bellagio Saturday 2pm tourney? Or would I be better off spending Saturday afternoon in the cabana? If anyone has color on how tough the field is, and whether a severe hangover would make it -EV to take part, I'm all ears.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Poolside Cabanas at the Hard Rock

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the slightly off track post, but my bachelors party is scheduled in Vegas in a couple of weeks time. Some of my guests have rented a poolside cabana for us at the Hard Rock for the weekend.

What are the pluses/minuses here? Anyone with experience want to give me some context?

[/ QUOTE ]

Best pool and girls to look at bar none.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:12 AM

If you already knew right now that you would money in that tournament, and if your boys didn't even rent the cabana, you should still consider ditching the tourney to be poolside.

As it is, there is only one choice. Your boys are hooking you up, graciously accept.

(also, this may be the most thinly disguised brag post here in a while)
Old 08-23-2007, 12:34 AM

Bellagio will always have their Saturday tourney. At some point, you hanging out at the cabanna at hard rock will just get creepy... so better take advantage of it while you can.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:14 AM

StevieG - you are right.

Vegas is a once a year thing for me (at best), and I've never been to the Hard Rock before. Consensus (from the replies above) seems to be that it is indeed, all that.

I'm happy you think its a brag post - means I should have a good time.

Please, more details! (I promise a trip report on my return...)
Old 08-23-2007, 01:28 AM

Eff poker. Plan on being rested and primed for the big partying events. If you happen to be good for poker, consider it a bonus.

Rule 1 for bachelor party success is planning, especially including entertainment confirmed well in advance. Sounds like you are all on the right track. Hard Rock pool is excellent.