Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 05:24 PM

Default I\'m 6\'4 120lbs...no joke...help?

I truly am the skinniest SOB you've ever seen...But the thing is, I'm healthy. I never EVER get sick, I eat very well (including minimum 1 protein shake per day), I do exercise, but no heavy weights.

Basically, my daily routine consists of:

Wake up ~6:30-7

Light breakfast - never very hungry. Usually cereal or a granola bar.

Walk/jog 1-2miles - I know cardio isnt the best thing for someone my weight, but the dog needs to walk, and I enjoy it.

Usually a protein shake while playing poker/doing other computer work.

Fairly heavy lunch - ALWAYS some kind of meat/cheese sandwich, heavy on the meat. If i dont have some kind of meat at lunch I dont feel like i've eaten. Random snack as a side - chips, etc.

Some random snack between lunch and dinner. Maybe 25% of the time its junk food, 50% salad, 25% another shake.

Dinner is generally soup or sandwich again if GF doesnt cook, or something heavy if she does. Fried chicken, pork chops, mashed potatoes, etc.

After dinner, I generally veg out and eat other random snacks. Ice-cream, chips, shots [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], whatever.

About 6-10 of these hours in the day are sitting in front of the computer.

For the life of me, I cant figure out why I wont gain weight. Lately, I've been eating these Papaya Enzyme things randomly throughout the day (3-5 of them) because they're supposed to help your body digest food...no results.

One possible suspect is the fact that I always have some random movement going on...bouncing a leg, tapping something, readjusting in my seat. I rarely sit still.

My family is naturally skinny as well - sister is something like 5'5 and 90lbs, other sister isnt more than 110 i'm sure, and same height.

Also...Self-employed, and no insurance company wants to cover someone who is 6'4 120. Would my best option be to just lie and say I'm 160 to get signed up?

I've been this skinny my -whole- life, and have pretty much just come to terms with it. But lately I really have seen how it can hold me back. I'm not anti-social, but I am not usually the one to approach and begin a conversation. And when someone's first impression of me is to tell their friend "holy crap look how skinny that bastard is" - they generally arent going to approach me either.

Thanks all, any suggestions would be appreciated...

*edit*Forgot to mention - i do take a multivitamin daily.
I also do pushups/situps 1-2 times per week. I try to make a habit of it, but generally end up distracted somehow.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: I\'m 6\'4 120lbs...no joke...help?

pictures?

my tip: eat more! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pictures?

my tip: eat more! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
U think im stupid? No way i'm putting an actual picture of myself on this forum - i'd end up skeletor and jack skellington and all sorts of crap :P

As a side-note, when I do force myself to eat more, I end up taking an extra crap in the middle of the day. Either that or my body just slows down and I take a nap.

BTW the dog in your icon looks like mine grown up a few more months [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Chocolate labs ftw
Old 05-07-2007, 05:35 PM

do this for me:

make it public so we can see exactly what you eat and how many calories/day.

then once we have a base # to work from, we are going to slowly increase it by a couple hundred calories/day until you start gaining weight.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:36 PM

See a doctor. Eat more. Get a food log. You don't eat very much.

If you lie on insurance, they can still pull coverage on you for lying on the application.

you gotta eat more, plain and simple. Spread out more meals, eat a bigger breakfast, etc.

And pics are for your benefit if you are keeping a blog to track progress, you obviously dont have to put them up if you're not comfortable

go to fitday.com and start a log, i bet you will be surprised how few cals you are actually taking in per day...
Old 05-07-2007, 05:52 PM

alright, I've set up an account on fitday.

It's taking me a bit to find my regular foods, but it seems like once I get a list of 10-15 things i eat on a regular basis, it should speed up.

What is the solution to the fact that I feel like crap if i force myself to eat significantly more than my regular schedule? Just practice and my body will adjust? I'm willing to do it, but it'l be a bitch for a while...
Old 05-07-2007, 05:56 PM

increase slowly, maybe like 250cals for a week, then up it again, watch your results and if you aren't getting them keep increasing...it takes time...
Old 05-07-2007, 06:03 PM

yes, at 1st it takes a while to add all your usual foods but once you do that, it will then be quick from then on.

and for your protein shake, etc or other custom foods, you can enter the nutrition info yourself so it will be accurate.