Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 01:15 PM

Default Hi All

Been lurking in this Forum for awhile. Just wanted to say hi to everyone as I finally joined up.

I'm mainly a MLB guy, but I'm pretty new to sports betting also. Looking forward to putting up some picks.

Good luck everyone.

My pick for 04/18

Washington +140 1 unit

I think the Washington bats are starting to pick up and they will hopefully outslug the Philly team. Church has obviously improved the lineup pretty substantially and I think he will continue to hit. As far as pitching, Armas is decent and while he is 0-2 right now I think that is because those losses were during the Nats slump. He did manage to hold the Mets to three runs which is pretty solid. Also, Cory Lidle has been reamed by Soriano in the past... hopefully he will be reamed tonight.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Hi All

I like the Nats tonight too. Armas has really pitched well for a guy without a win, giving up just four runs in two starts. Lidle has had some problems historically with several members of the Nats, most notably Soriano, as you mention. But Vidro is also hitting .400 lifetime against him. Rollins and Abreu have given Armas the most trouble, but neither have simply owned Armas. I think this game is close to a coin flip, so I like the +140 price.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:41 AM

Nice hit.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:33 AM

I was a little shaky on this when I saw the line, but your reasoning made me confident enough to place the bet. Good call.