Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Don\'t Lock This................

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a standard tipping/BAC conversion table?

How much is too much?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see what that thread has to do with this thread, but thank you for the pointer. That will be my comedy fix for the day, I think. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you'd all get a good laugh from it. And while I was reading through the BBJ tipping thread I couldn't stop comparing the percentages to the BAC thread and the discussions of percentages.

The only thing missing here is ElD.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Jackpot Tipping

$100 for the dealer
$100 blind in the next pot, then fold and I'm gone
Old 10-10-2007, 08:10 PM

I dealt one BBJ and got about 5% from the table when all was said and done, including the extra tokes and action as the players were waiting to get paid. That seemed more than fair to me, considering it was free money. I'd have been mildly irritated to have been stiffed, but then smiled at my own idiocy for expecting anything at all. Tho' one wonders who really pays for the jackpot drop, the players who drag the pots or the dealers who receiver lower tips because of it? But then, the BBJ's bring the action players who don't understand the maths of it and tip too much, so I suppose it's a wash [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would tip the dealer 10% after I figured the taxes so between $1700-2000. I hit the bbjp at a local club(i.e. no taxes) for $5000 and gave the dealer $500, $100 to the floor and $100 to the security. I'm a big tipper I know it sounds like alot but I'm a firm believer in Karma. I may offer to pay everyones time while I stayed at the table or order food for everyone else but I wouldn't tip the other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. I'd also give the waitress a hundo if she was the regular one since I see her everyday. Not on any jp but certainly if you get 5K. Def good karma.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Don\'t Lock This................

[ QUOTE ]
Today I offered to tip the dealer at a 8-16 table 10% if he dealt me a jackpot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got into a 'bidding war' on this once. Lost the war -- someone promised the dealer 30%. Everybody laughed. Next hand -- lo and behold, he got quad nines for a hh jp. Dealer got $60. That bidding war seems to take place everyday now.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:48 PM

FWIW

I haven't hit a Jackpot, but have come close a number of times (I used to say the same thing in my batchelor days, but that's another story), and have thought about it (being a wild eyed optimist I'm prepared).

If I ever the big end of a Bad Beat Jackpot (50% 'loser', 25% 'winner' and remaining players 25%, I'd probably suggest that the big winners give the dealer a table share (i.e., what the other players at the table get) -- this runs to about 3-4% of the jackpot. I think this is generous, but fair.

I can't see a dealer being upset at a $1000 jackpot here.

I don't think I'd give the other players at the table anything, unless I really was positive that this was the custom.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see a dealer being upset at a $1000 jackpot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Upset? Shoot, I'll sign the out sheet and we'll go get some drinks
Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He gave the dealer $1,000.00 and 7 players @ the table $200.00 each.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what is correct, but I hope no one complained at the above $1000 tip to a dealer and $1400 to the other table witnesses. The tips seems - if not generous, certainly not stingy.

I would probably tip the 1k to the dealer, not tip the table, but tip the waitress $100 and the Cage $100...