Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 03:51 AM

Default AC Motel Question

I was in AC a couple of weekends ago on a Saturday night and some guy at my table said that instead of driving back to DC he was going to stay at this motel all the way at the end of the road for 50 bucks a night, some Native American guy I believe owns it. This is what he said, he might be full of it kind of got that vibe from him but who knows. I however ended up driving back to NYC which sucked cause I didn't end up leaving AC till like 4 in the morning.

Anyway my question is are there any places like this to stay at on a Saturday night, specifically tomorrow night I guess, or does this all seem to be a lie. Apparently this guy didn't have a room booked or nothing. I see that really the cheapest hotels I see being offered are for 150 a night, at that price I think I'd just rather drive back to NYC but at a reasonable rate for me, say under 100, Id contemplate staying in AC. Thanks.
-Keith
Old 08-18-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Re: AC Motel Question

[ QUOTE ]
he was going to stay at this motel all the way at the end of the road for 50 bucks a night, some Native American guy I believe owns it

[/ QUOTE ]

This is surreal: "all the way at the end of the road"? Can you ever check out or is it Hotel AC?

The Irish Pub has rooms for around $50 but they may be booked for tonight.

As noted many times here the best motel deals near AC are in Absecon on route 30 about 5-8 miles west of the Borgata.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:37 AM

I went to hotels.com and the cheapest rate I can find in abescon for tomorrow night is 160. That may be expected but for me Id rather just drive home at that rate. Ill give the Irish Pub a call, what is included in the single room bathroom wise. I dont need to take a shower but would like to at least have a sink to use. Thanks.
-Keith
Old 08-18-2007, 09:17 AM

Everything is expensive weekend nights in the summer, and you don't want to stay in the cheapest room for $160. You can find some fairly decent priced room 30+ miles inland towards Philadephia.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As noted many times here the best motel deals near AC are in Absecon on route 30 about 5-8 miles west of the Borgata.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also pick up that green coupon book at all the rest areas and truck stops in the Northeast. However, as already said even with the coupons summer weekends are going to be expensive. Off-peak you can get all kinds of rooms for $40/night or cheaper.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:53 AM

maybe in absecon
Old 08-18-2007, 12:25 PM

I would suggest stopping by a place that looks safe on your way home and see what kind of offer they make. If the pace has vacancies they will often chop the room considerably if you are late enough.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everything is expensive weekend nights in the summer, and you don't want to stay in the cheapest room for $160. You can find some fairly decent priced room 30+ miles inland towards Philadephia.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you book at least 4-5 days in advance, you can easily find a room for under $100 in Absecon or another area within 10 miles of AC (and I'm not talking about the crack dens in AC -- Super 8, Red Roach Inn, etc can be had).
Old 08-18-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ill give the Irish Pub a call, what is included in the single room bathroom wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told that the rooms themselves are not air conditioned.

That's just too lame for my money.