5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $221.30
CO: $247.92
Button: $476.91
Hero: $282.50
BB: $148.41

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $8</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $30</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($71, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $55</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($181, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $197.5</font>, Villain is 30/10 and has $162 left. Standard?
Old 12-30-2006, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Another AKs

Do you think he capable of folding 99-QQ? He could easily have a set here too.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:27 PM

standard i think. though i might consider checking in this spot. i doubt he's going to fold his TT+ or whatever.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:28 PM

Did I miss the memo that said these types of plays are good? Not to berate, but it seems a significant portion of the hands people have questions are involve a strong draw on the turn. A strong draw on the turn + a pre-flop raise caller + a call on the flop = someone you have no FE against and your draw is not strong enough to push on the turn (very few draws are).

CRAI is better on the flop, free cards are better. Shutting down on the turn is better. It all depends on the villain, but this is pretty hideous.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:29 PM

I play the same. Unless you want to c/f.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did I miss the memo that said these types of plays are good? Not to berate, but it seems a significant portion of the hands people have questions are involve a strong draw on the turn. A strong draw on the turn + a pre-flop raise caller + a call on the flop = someone you have no FE against and your draw is not strong enough to push on the turn (very few draws are).

CRAI is better on the flop, free cards are better. Shutting down on the turn is better. It all depends on the villain, but this is pretty hideous.

[/ QUOTE ]
By pushing the turn I'm getting the odds of 2.1:1 if I'm called. Against the range of OPs and sets (AA-77/22) I need 2.5:1. So even if we totally neglect the chance villain has something like QsJs/T9s or some other crap the push can't be that bad. I only need him to fold JJ-99 a few % to make the push at least even EV.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This interesting though, I really didn't consider c/rai on the flop but that seems like on option. Maybe checking and hoping for a free card would be better too, even though I think we rarely get it.

Edit: Checking and calling a 1/2-pot bet is ok too. I might have overestimated my FE, my bets preflop and on the flop are strong, but we're a little bit deep and I thought I might get him to fold JJ-99 sometimes. Do you guys think he'll call TT/99 on the flop?

Any thought about checking the flop?
Old 12-30-2006, 07:53 PM

I think check raising the flop is by far the best option. Its your best chance of folding better hands.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think check raising the flop is by far the best option. Its your best chance of folding better hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, stack sizes seems good for a c/rai. If he checks behind, do you bet the turn or check?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:30 PM

well played