Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2007, 01:25 PM

Default tourney situation (sorry, probably not the right place to post this)

OK, I know this is the wrong forum, and mods can move it if they want, but this is the forum I use must, so I put it here.

OK, so here's the scoop. Player B asks Player A to play in a freeroll since PB can't make it. The deal is to split winnings 50/50. OK, no problem. PA starts to play, gets a call from PB who says he'll be home shortly and can take over in the tourney. OK, no prob. In the mean time PA more than triples up in the first 30 minutes and hands the tourney over to PB in 3rd place. PA asks "do i still get part of the winning?"...PB "yes". But they never discuss how much! So stupid because PB goes on to win the tourney. Now the dilemma. How much is owed to Player A?

Arguments for both sides:
Player A says "If i dont' start the tourney then you don't get the chance to win....plus I left you in great chip position"

Player B says " You only played 20-30 minutes, I played 2.5-3 hours, I should get more than 50%"

How is this handled? Obviously they should have decided before Player B took over, but that is a moot point now. I can't imagine this is a common thing. Any ideas?