Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Effectiveness of spread a petition to get Pats v. Giants on TV?

how do you guys not get this game? isn't it on a saturday night so one station should have it?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:04 PM

That local market crap is BS as well. I live in Youngstown, OH where 85% of football fans are either Browns or Steelers fans. If you draw a diaginal line from Cleveland to Pittsburgh, Youngstown is smack dab in the middle.

Now get this...if the Browns are not sold out...the game is locally blacked out. However, last years NFLN Browns/Steelers game was not on local TV in Youngstown.

Seems we are local enough to black out, but not local enough to be considered "local market". Total BS.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you guys not get this game? isn't it on a saturday night so one station should have it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't been paying attention to this thread, have you?

Both Pats/Giants and GB/DAL will air in the local markets. But outside the local markets, they will be unavailable except on the NFL Network, which many cable companies do not carry.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:58 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
The $8 is fine, whatever, big deal. Its the principle of having to buy the NFL's network to see a local game

[/ QUOTE ]

How about if youre me, and you pay the 8 dollars a month for the sports entertainment package and the only channel excluded from that package in my area is nfl network. boooo.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The $8 is fine, whatever, big deal. Its the principle of having to buy the NFL's network to see a local game

[/ QUOTE ]

How about if youre me, and you pay the 8 dollars a month for the sports entertainment package and the only channel excluded from that package in my area is nfl network. boooo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

SE for me is like $5, and we get NFL Network.

From how this was explained to me on radio the other day, the NFL is just retarded in what they're asking cable providers to pay to carry their network. Their perception is that this is a premium network, when it's really something that we'll only want to watch some 5 times a year.

The most effective way to end this is simply don't do anything and let the NFL Network die (or lower their asking price) like it should.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:45 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

The best was I called comcast and the operator was like "oh wow, nfl network isnt available at all in your area, thats funny."

YEA ITS REAL FUNNY DIAGF DICKWAD
Old 11-29-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Effectiveness of spreading a petition to get Pats v. Giants on TV?

guys just go to a bar

the money you spend on a pitcher of beer is what you'll pay for NFL Network anyways

ok maybe you'll spend a little more... but still.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

From how this was explained to me on radio the other day, the NFL is just retarded in what they're asking cable providers to pay to carry their network. Their perception is that this is a premium network, when it's really something that we'll only want to watch some 5 times a year.

The most effective way to end this is simply don't do anything and let the NFL Network die (or lower their asking price) like it should.

[/ QUOTE ]

The NFL network doesn't want this channel to be something you only want to see 5 times a year. It wants to be your total provider for NFL coverage, year-round. From what I've heard, their wrap-up show is terrific, and their showing of classic games also very desirable.

I can guarantee if I had NFL network, I'd watch it more often than I would watch all but perhaps 10 channels.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

The NFL network doesn't want this channel to be something you only want to see 5 times a year. It wants to be your total provider for NFL coverage, year-round. From what I've heard, their wrap-up show is terrific, and their showing of classic games also very desirable.

I can guarantee if I had NFL network, I'd watch it more often than I would watch all but perhaps 10 channels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be shocked if any NFL fan that has the network would say they'd only watch it five times a year. It's great.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:56 PM

Triumph,

The shows ARE pretty good, but imo they just don't draw enough relative to what the NFL Network perceives. That's the whole issue here, that the NFL network wants to charged based on their perception of what they want to be, rather than the reality of what they actually are.