Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2007, 04:17 PM

Default A hand against our very own Jurullo

Ok so I know that normally the rule is 100+ buy ins, but because this hand is against a HSMTT regular I felt it was more appropriate to post here. If it's no good, go ahead and move it. My sn on stars is daved123, and Jurollo is WPThero right?

We're in the 50k Guaranteed. How's my line? The truth is that I'm just not used to playing good players, and my river push just seemed right given that I think he's calling with any pair and that there's no way he's calling a standard value bet for half of my stack that I would make against a normal tourneydonk. He's too start for that, and would see through such a bet, so I thought I would go for the push and hope he thinks its a steal/bluff.

On the turn I thought it would be best to check and show weakness and hopefully induce an attempt at a steal. Obviously I don't mind giving free cards, and thought I would give Justin a chance to catch up. Namely I'm thinking that he's thinking: "ok he standard raised PF, standard c-bet flop (although it's a little strong, so maybe he missed it and is trying to buy it), and now he just gave up on the turn."

I'm not sure if Jurullo knows who I am in this hand. Because a broad called me on the phone and I couldn't make her go away, I've played pretty tight (although also I really just didn't get many hands).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t6782)
MP2 (t23990)
MP3 (t13865)
CO (t15475)
Button (t12330)
SB (t5115)
BB (t3825)
UTG (t30277)
UTG+1 (t8070)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t900</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls t900, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (t2000) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1500</font>, CO calls t1500.

Turn: (t5000) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (t5000) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t4357 (All-In)</font>, .

Final Pot: t643