Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: 25NL - Feedback

[ QUOTE ]
To keep with Mike's theme: If you read all of these . You'll have an edge if you can digest alot of it. Reading alot and posting sometimes in the 6 max forums is also good for developing a solid postflop game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Chargers. That's a wicked resource. Thanks a lot for posting that. I've read through a couple of points, but I will definitely go through the entire thing.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only two things jumped out to me:

1) Your VP$IP looks solid, at least for a FR player. In the micros you can get away with nitishness without being exploited due to the cluelessness of the other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Good to know!
[ QUOTE ]

2) Your PFR is much too low. Much too low.
From this point forward Thou Shalt Not Limp Or Call From The Button, Cut Off or Hi Jack. Either raise or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I like your commandment format... it's very effective.
[ QUOTE ]

In MP always raise if there are only limpers in front of you. If you're in MP and someone ahead of you raises, then repop with JJ+ & AQ+ or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading aba20's well in the link charger posted where he said NLHETP isn't a great book, I'm starting to see some of the limitations of the preflop strategy they advocate.

Is 3betting with JJ+AQ+ standard in MP? I usually only 3 bet AA, KK, QQ(sometimes), AK(sometimes, but usually call). I think I already know the answer to this question...heh

[ QUOTE ]

In EP raise with JJ+ & AQ+ and limp with all other pairs. If your limps get raised then remember the Rule of 5 & 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm basically doing this at this point. Sometimes I limp AQo (NLHETP again), but I really don't love this play. I also limp true SC down to 54 here... but again, I don't know how much I like this unless the table is really passive. Having to call a raise with SC oop isn't great. Maybe it's good once in awhile for balancing??

[ QUOTE ]

And until you start playing 100NL, forget you ever heard of "mixing up your play." The other players just aren't paying enough attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice. I just figure it's a good thing to get in the habit of you know? Even if it's a little less EV, at least I develop the ability to mix up my play.

Thanks again for your great reply.

friedace
Old 10-14-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) Your PFR is much too low. Much too low.
From this point forward Thou Shalt Not Limp Or Call From The Button, Cut Off or Hi Jack. Either raise or fold.

[/ QUOTE ] I disagree with this pretty strongly. Preflop aggression is nice but it doesn't always have to be there. I play 26/17 on the button and I don't claim those are perfect stats but I think always raising is very bad. Things are a bit different if you're talking about "raising or folding" in the context of doing it for limpers, doing it if nobody's entered the pot, and if somebody has already raised. Your wording is much to broad for somebody who is going to try to implement these into his game because he will misapply them ALOT.

[ QUOTE ]
Is 3betting with JJ+AQ+ standard in MP?

[/ QUOTE ]3-bet QQ+/AK fold AQ. If it's a loose raiser UTG reraise JJ and sometimes TT/AQ.

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I limp AQo (NLHETP again), but I really don't love this play. I also limp true SC down to 54 here... but again, I don't know how much I like this unless the table is really passive. Having to call a raise with SC oop isn't great. Maybe it's good once in awhile for balancing??

[/ QUOTE ] No need to balance at the $25 and $50. People won't notice and don't adjust anyways. Fold suited connectors and raise AQ, unnecessarily playing OOP is just bad.