Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 06:24 PM

Default 25NL - Feedback

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could give me feedback on my 25NL stats. I posted this in BBV and basically got laughed at with very little constructive criticism. I don't know if this belongs here, but I really think this is the best place for it since there are so many fullring players here. I really want to improve and after using PT, I've begun to realize that I have a lot of leaks in my game.

I just started using PT recently and am still really learning how it works. I've been playing for a few years and would say I'm a winning live player (which isn't saying much), but I definitely find online a lot harder. This sample has been playing about 5 tables at a time. As far as a preflop strategy, at the moment, I've been basically using the pf strat from NLHETP, which advocates a lot of limping, and mixing limps up with raises. Recently, I've been trying to raise more preflop with pairs (not just bigger ones) from all positions instead of limping and raising more in late position with pairs (raise more often than call) and SCs.

As far as these stats go, I've definitely made some terrible calls and misclicks for like $10 or more (which is a lot at this level), so I think it could have a better winrate with more patience and concentration. That being said, I recognize that I still have a long way to go.

Could you help me interpret the pokerEV graphs and what the line divergence means in Showdown/Skansky/Actual?

Also, what are the important PT stats that I should be concerned with and do you have any suggestions based upon these stats?

If you want to say I suck, that's fine. But, I would really appreciate some specific reasons why (ex. cbetting too much, too tight in raising from EP, etc). If asking for feedback and ways to improve is not appropriate here, then I apologize.

Thanks guys,

friedace

[image]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6878/ptstatsne2.jpg[/image]
[image]http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=details1bg7.jpg[/image]
[image]http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=details2ws4.jpg[/image] [image]http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pokerev1mm8.jpg[/image]
[image]http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pokerev2ci0.jpg[/image]
[image]http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pokerev3nc6.jpg[/image]

PS. I don't know why the images aren't showing up, but I'll edit if anyone can tell me. I just used the image button in teh post box, but it's not working. Please just use the links for now.

Edited by friedace (10/13/07 06:08 PM)
Old 10-13-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: 25NL - Feedback

Uploaded your images into my photobucket album for you.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could give me feedback on my 25NL stats. I posted this in BBV and basically got laughed at with very little constructive criticism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because stats mean very little and your sample size sucks??

Seriously, post hands, partake in hand discussions, post hands, post hands. Forget about asking people about stats.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uploaded your images into my photobucket album for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks so much Chip-star. That's really helpful & much appreciated.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because stats mean very little and your sample size sucks??

Seriously, post hands, partake in hand discussions, post hands, post hands. Forget about asking people about stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. I'm not aiming to tailor my stats, but I was just wondering if anything glaring is standing out.

That being said, I will start posting more hands.

Thanks for the feedback.

friedace
Old 10-13-2007, 09:34 PM

I think you are leaking to much money by not being aggressive enough pre-flop.

This post by pokey helped my game a bunch

TAG Strategy
Old 10-13-2007, 09:38 PM

To keep with Mike's theme: If you read all of these . You'll have an edge if you can digest alot of it. Reading alot and posting sometimes in the 6 max forums is also good for developing a solid postflop game.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:41 PM

Only two things jumped out to me:

1) Your VP$IP looks solid, at least for a FR player. In the micros you can get away with nitishness without being exploited due to the cluelessness of the other players.

2) Your PFR is much too low. Much too low.

From this point forward Thou Shalt Not Limp Or Call From The Button, Cut Off or Hi Jack. Either raise or fold.

In MP always raise if there are only limpers in front of you. If you're in MP and someone ahead of you raises, then repop with JJ+ & AQ+ or fold.

In EP raise with JJ+ & AQ+ and limp with all other pairs. If your limps get raised then remember the Rule of 5 & 10.

And until you start playing 100NL, forget you ever heard of "mixing up your play." The other players just aren't paying enough attention.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:44 PM

LOL. Reading anything posted by pokey will help your game. The guy is just awesome.

The anthology is a great work. Lots of info there, stuff some poker players go for years without learning when they're trying to learn on their own.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are leaking to much money by not being aggressive enough pre-flop.

This post by pokey helped my game a bunch

TAG Strategy

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to open up more with SCs etc, but I think I should with unpaired big cards and unsuited connectors as well, as pokey advocates. Is this strategy also good for higher levels (just out of curiousity). I think a lot fo the profit from this must come from the high fold % to cbets and the fact that most people won't put a play on you with nothing on the flop at this level, right?

friedace