Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Great Cocktails

[ QUOTE ]
I've started drinking Brave Bulls lately. Fans of Black Russians may recognize a similarity:

2 oz. silver tequila
1 oz. Kahlua

Pour the tequila into a rocks glass over ice, add the kahlua and stir.

It is sublime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add some green creme de menthe and it's a Spanish Moss. This used to be the shot of choice among the staff at a bar where I used to work - if you were buying it for someone else.

It's better than it sounds, just make sure the bartender has a light hand with the creme de menthe, otherwise it will suck.

Also, it's fun to buy it for someone and watch them try to guess the ingredients.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Great Cocktails

[ QUOTE ]
I never understood the aversion to a traditional cocktail glass. If it's good enough for Sinatra, it's good enough for me. I think that the aversion is because recently they've been too often filled with things that are pink and not enough gin and whiskey, and then the aversion to things that are pink gets displaced to the glasses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are dead on here. It's tough for younger men to drink a martini in the same glass that three girls at the end of the bar are drinking a cosmo, a chocotini and an pomegranitini from.

[ QUOTE ]
I've actually never had whiskey with lime before. I've long been a fan of whiskey with lemon (and usually something else...like Benedictine...mmmmmmmmm), but I've been nervous about its interaction with lime. Does it work?

[/ QUOTE ]

For you, no. I didn't like it as much. I guess it's okay, and since lime is becoming more and more popular it's going to get mixed in there more often, but the lemon was better.