Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:01 AM

Default Re: October Low-Content Thread

So, apparently Mason Malmuth is a nit. I mean, I know he's written about how winning players should embrace variance, but I'll be damned if he shows it. I've played several sessions with him, and every time he gets rivered he lets out a big sigh, shakes his head, and waits a couple seconds before mucking his cards. He never actually says anything to the fish, but his reaction is nonetheless obvious.

The more I play with him the harder it is to fight off the urge to needle him.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:37 AM

Fun bad beat AA hand:

UTG raises, I 3bet red aces in MP somewhere, next guy is a moron and 4bets, but I think he meant to call but can't figure out the chips structure. BB goes into the tank and finally calls the three more, UTG calls, I cap and all call.

Flop Q73 with two clubs. BB donks, call, I raise, LP calls, BB 3bets!?!, UTG folds, I call, LP calls.

Turn T. BB bets, I call, LP calls.

River K of clubs. BB checks, I check, LP checks.

BB says, "I've got a queen," and rolls QJo. I say, "ONE queen?" and turn over my hand. LP then rolls 77 for the brilliantly played flopped set. These are the dummies that keep beating me.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fun bad beat AA hand:

UTG raises, I 3bet red aces in MP somewhere, next guy is a moron and 4bets, but I think he meant to call but can't figure out the chips structure. BB goes into the tank and finally calls the three more, UTG calls, I cap and all call.

Flop Q73 with two clubs. BB donks, call, I raise, LP calls, BB 3bets!?!, UTG folds, I call, LP calls.

Turn T. BB bets, I call, LP calls.

River K of clubs. BB checks, I check, LP checks.

BB says, "I've got a queen," and rolls QJo. I say, "ONE queen?" and turn over my hand. LP then rolls 77 for the brilliantly played flopped set. These are the dummies that keep beating me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about the only place I get really frustrated. I don't even know why cause it saves me bets...but I occasionally have to let out a "nice job on winning the minimum" while muttering *douchebag* under my breath.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:50 PM

OMG, I am the same way. People winning the minimum tilts me more than anything else.

I was in a hand at some terrific 30/60 game a couple weeks ago where this complete idiot moron kept getting involved in pots with me, even though I was clearly the tightest player at the table. In one hand, he had opened AK and I defended with 55. Flop was AAT, and it checked through. Turn was a 5, and at the end of the hand he started whining that I sucked out and I guess made a silent vow to "get me back."

So then later I opened AA in EP, and he was one of a few cold-callers.

Flop KQ8. I bet, he calls.
Turn 7. I bet, he calls.
River 5. I bet, he calls.

Awesome; I flip over my hand like it's the nuts, expecting the pot to get shipped. He flips over 55 and mumbles something about only playing it because I beat HIM with 55. The Asian guy next to him asked why he didn't raise the river when he finally got there, and he said, "Oh, because I thought he flopped a set with KK or QQ."

I've never wanted to kill someone so badly.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn 7. I bet, he calls.

Awesome; I flip over my hand like it's the nuts, expecting the pot to get shipped. He flips over 55 and mumbles something about only playing it because I beat HIM with 55. The Asian guy next to him asked why he didn't raise the river when he finally got there, and he said, "Oh, because I thought he flopped a set with KK or QQ."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. My co-workers are looking at me funny right now.

If anyone ever wanted to put me on insane rampage apecrap instatilt.......just add in a slow roll of the river set. I think if that ever happened it might get me 86'ed from Commerce.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG, I am the same way. People winning the minimum tilts me more than anything else.

I was in a hand at some terrific 30/60 game a couple weeks ago where this complete idiot moron kept getting involved in pots with me, even though I was clearly the tightest player at the table. In one hand, he had opened AK and I defended with 55. Flop was AAT, and it checked through. Turn was a 5, and at the end of the hand he started whining that I sucked out and I guess made a silent vow to "get me back."

Turn 7. I bet, he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's how we play in 2+2 games. the turn peel is actually correct with implied tilt odds + slowroll bonus.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:05 PM

My favorite two words are "tilt equity" and it's my usual response to playing a hand poorly and getting there.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the wrong attitude. You have someone putting in a bet on the flop and turn drawing to two outs thinking he's drawing dead to your supposed flopped set and clearly without odds anyways and fails to raise the river when he gets there saving you a big bet. Instead of killing him, you should be buying him a drink. He's trying to give you money; that's the least you can do.

Garland
Old 10-16-2007, 05:34 PM

Tilt equity, ah thats a great phrase. I always knew about it, but never had a name for it. Half the players i see live can play ok till they get tilted then it money burning time
Old 10-16-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is about the only place I get really frustrated. I don't even know why cause it saves me bets...but I occasionally have to let out a "nice job on winning the minimum" while muttering *douchebag* under my breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. Playing the 5-200 spread limit with the complete morons puts me on tilt so bad, it's 10x worse than getting a bad beat in 20/40. I want to stick a fork in my eye just sitting around watching these guys play.
Closed Thread