Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 01:14 AM

Default TP+NFD in RRed pot 160BBs deep

UTG is 45%/25%/2.6, seems to call 3-bets light, and I believe may be tilting. So villain's (CO) range here is likely a bit wider than normal.

Villain is urbandb888 (21%/17% I think), who seems to be a TAG on the slightly more passive and straightforward side. I've played a decent amount with him and I probably appear to be a strong TAG in his eyes. I've been playing solidly at the table, but haven't been 3-betting much.

At the time on the turn I was thinking I should check behind to induce a bluff on the river. But in retrospect I think I should have bet the turn for value, because I think he has a lower flush draw a fairly large percentage of the time... what would be a good amount? 1/2PSB? My hand will probably look very strong by betting the turn, and he may think his implied odds are low.

Full Tilt Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $1,043
UTG: $1,314
CO: $1,831
Hero (BTN): $1,655
SB: $997

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $20</font>, CO calls $20, <font color="red">Hero raises to $100</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $80, CO calls $80

Flop: ($315) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $220</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $220

Turn: ($755) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [ 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ] (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($755) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [ 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $411</font>, Hero calls $411
Old 10-16-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: TP+NFD in RRed pot 160BBs deep

looks good.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:39 AM

I probably bet $400-$500 on turn
Old 10-16-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably bet $400-$500 on turn

[/ QUOTE ]

ya wai better than calling his $400-$500 bet on river
Old 10-16-2007, 05:17 AM

meh i like the way u played it. hate betting the turn here. nh
Old 10-16-2007, 06:30 AM

Yeah, I hate betting the turn and think this line is fine tbh. I'd still not feel too great about the river but I'm not sure what else you can do. He could easily have a draw and AQ/33 usually raise somewhere (PF with AQ for starters) but who knows what he has.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:36 AM

I like the turn check, getting checkraised on the turn is VERY bad for our hand, and if he has smaller hearts we want him to hit. Once you check turn I think you have to call river though.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn check, getting checkraised on the turn is VERY bad for our hand, and if he has smaller hearts we want him to hit. Once you check turn I think you have to call river though.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes a cr would suck here...

i also cb the turn and hope to make my heart and win a huge pot with flush over flush [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

as played i guess call
Old 10-16-2007, 11:33 AM

Given read that villain is "passive" and "straightforward", shouldn't river be a fold?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given read that villain is "passive" and "straightforward", shouldn't river be a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not passive and straightforward, but just a bit more so than most TAGs at this level. In other words, kind of on the nittier side of TAG. Does not mean at all he's incapable of bluffing. I'm pretty sure his range is nearly always A8, A5, and a ton of missed FDs.

If I bet the turn, I'm very comfortable getting it in vs. a CR, because I think he'd have a draw a very large percentage of the time. I think he'd nearly ALWAYS RR AA and QQ preflop, 33 he's definitely raising the flop (same with two pair). A8 is the only hand I could be worried about on the turn.

The reason I didn't bet the turn is because that would, I believe, represent very large strength and he may fold a lower flush draw because of poor odds. Although if he hit the 8 with a FD then I think there's a stronger chance he would CR AI. Also checking behind on the turn may induce a bluff on the river (although I think bluffing the river in this spot is bad).