Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 AM

Default First hand at a table: did I miss value bets?

No reads. Villans handle contains the word ass.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
Old 10-03-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: First hand at a table: did I miss value bets?

omg wtf is this

you tilt me
Old 10-03-2007, 09:49 AM

Preflop as played.

Flop as played.

On the turn, the range I put Villain on is TT+, AQ+ AJs+ which gives villain 52% equity so I go into call down mode,
Old 10-03-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
omg wtf is this

you tilt me

[/ QUOTE ]
What he's trying to say here, in a more polite way, is if you thought you had Ass beat why did you only call his raises? And if you thought Ass was beating you, why did you keep betting into him on each new street?

You are behind to his three-betting range, but if he is an ass and will do this with Qx or KK, you're WA/WB, which means you should probably check and call three times. You will "miss value" this way, but you also prevent yourself from getting owned by AK and AQ.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:17 AM

This Turn and River are very very odd.

With no reads, it's tough to get an accurate range.
Because it's .02/04 (the limit I am unfortunately most familiar with these days) I'd include A9s and ATs in his range. But other than that, KK seems to be the only hand you are beating, and maybe a horribly played KQ?
Given the flop action, it does look more like AQ/AK/QQ

You can't fold, but whether you have him beat or are behind, the bet/call line on each street is just odd and doesn't serve any purpose. I call this down after the flop.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:17 AM

F**k microlimits LOLdonkaments,
HAHAHAHHAA!!!

But seriously, the clue here is why cut the action in one street and start the action again the next street. I used to do that a lot when I started and got berated on this board. For a newish player I reckon there is the hand you see which is quite good (OMG, 2 aces, OMG, trip aces) and a fear of putting in more bets in one street so you just call, but come new street and you bet again, after all it is only a bet, it's not like you're raising or capping. A psychological fear seeing more bets in one streets vs seeing the same amount of bets spread over several streets looks a lot less risky. So starters tend to donk, and I had to force myself not to do that to get rid of the habit. So now I only donk on purpose: "AAH! the villain is 2+2er old veteran, I reckon if I donk this river he will fold..."
Old 10-03-2007, 12:13 PM

Posting blind: probably.

Having read your post: ZOMG!!!eleven!!11!11! It's a stop-n-go SUPERFECTA! Either bet-3bet the flop or check-raise the flop. Depending on Villan's reaction to your flop play, you can probably fold the turn, given that you're calling to about 1.5 outs. And, what does Villan's screen name have to do with anything? fwiw, my ass has a handle.

Having read Eskimo's post: you had me at "tilt".
Old 10-03-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
omg wtf is this

you tilt me

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, my ass has a handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, this should instantly become the new title of the current NC thread.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depending on Villan's reaction to your flop play, you can probably fold the turn, given that you're calling to about 1.5 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]