Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Slowplayed Kings

I'm not understanding villain's betting at all here. Seem s to me that he made a donk move waiting til the turn to bet his hand. Does he not put me on anything?

First of all, I'm new to the table and have no read on anyone. So, I pick up AJ and raise 3x BB. Villain calls (no problem, he wants to slowplay the KK. Flop comes he checks, I bet, he calls. On the turn, he bets 900. Why? Why wouldn't he continue the slowply and check here, hoping I'd go all-in? Now, if he's worried about a flush draw, he sure ain't acting like it. Seems to me that he has to consider whether or not I'm playing AQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and if so, then I have draws to the nut flush and straight. I'm perplexed here. Would anyone have played this any different? Surely I can't fold at this point since I feel I'm pot committed. I'm sure there's something wrong with my thinking, I'd be happy to hear.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

UTG (t8075)
Hero (t1735)
MP1 (t3325)
MP2 (t1085)
MP3 (t1395)
CO (t1170)
Button (t1250)
SB =#A500AF(villain)/ (t2830)
BB (t1560)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with , .
1 fold, Hero raises to t300</font>, 5 folds, SB =#A500AF(villain)/ calls t250, BB calls t200.

Flop: (t900) , , (3 players)
villain checks, BB checks, Hero bets t450, villain calls t450, BB folds.

Turn: (t1800) (2 players)
villain bets t900, Hero raises to t985, villain calls t85.

River: (t3770) (2 players)

Final Pot: t3770

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
villain has Ks Kh (three of a kind, kings).
Hero has Jh Ad (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: villain wins t3770. </font>