Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter: We Want Jews To Be \"Perfected\"

[ QUOTE ]
Ms. Coulter portrays herself as a serious political and social analyst and critic and is so treated by the media. She is not a comedian. She has said, and defended it ad infinitum, that the 9/11 widows were enjoying their husbands' deaths. She's an out-and-out bigot, a pathological liar, and an ignoramus. Words have meaning and hers are usually hurtful, insenstive, and ugly. I'm not taking her words out of context. She used them in her usual context of contempt and hatred for people who are different in any way from her.

And even if she did mean it as a joke, a joke can be offensive, can't it? Saying something was a "joke" is what she always reverts to when the uproar over her bigotry gets heated. She did the same thing when she called John Edwards gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read her column every week and I don't see any of this. Does she say outlandish things to gain attention. Yup.

Otherwise, I have no problem with Ann Coulter.

When someone on the right states their mind they are zealots or facists or whatever the groupthink fashionable term of the moment is.

Not so of the Left. Those folks can say anything.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:30 PM

also just to add she was offensive to christians here as well.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Borodog,

I didn't see you respond in the Ron Paul racist comments thread. Curious as to your thoughts about it.

Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

He responded to that nonsense when Redbean was still trolling other threads with it.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ms. Coulter portrays herself as a serious political and social analyst and critic and is so treated by the media. She is not a comedian. She has said, and defended it ad infinitum, that the 9/11 widows were enjoying their husbands' deaths. She's an out-and-out bigot, a pathological liar, and an ignoramus. Words have meaning and hers are usually hurtful, insenstive, and ugly. I'm not taking her words out of context. She used them in her usual context of contempt and hatred for people who are different in any way from her.

And even if she did mean it as a joke, a joke can be offensive, can't it? Saying something was a "joke" is what she always reverts to when the uproar over her bigotry gets heated. She did the same thing when she called John Edwards gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read her column every week and I don't see any of this. Does she say outlandish things to gain attention. Yup.

When someone on the right states their mind they are zealots or facists or whatever the groupthink fashionable term of the moment is.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Seeing the left's opinions of Israel, I always find it rather humorous to hear a liberal accuse someone of anti-semitism.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say its weird that you couldn't just make a rational, logical post trying to defend Ann Coulter without it turning into a flame of "liberals" but...well...you know...its not that weird. This thread title wasn't "The right wants Jews to be perfected" was it? WTF cares what the left does, it doesn't make Ann Coulter any more or less of a moron.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:39 PM

I'm not "right" or "left", and I can usually see through the agendas of either side I think. In this case:

I think Ann C. is a disgusting piece of crap who makes her money shooting her mouth off saying the most outrageous things she can come up with. I'm not real sure if she was attempting that with this interview however, because she might possibly believe what she said. As others have intimated, most religions do believe they are the "chosen" one and every other set of beliefs is "lesser".
Old 10-13-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not "right" or "left", and I can usually see through the agendas of either side I think. In this case:

I think Ann C. is a disgusting piece of crap who makes her money shooting her mouth off saying the most outrageous things she can come up with. I'm not real sure if she was attempting that with this interview however, because she might possibly believe what she said. As others have intimated, most religions do believe they are the "chosen" one and every other set of beliefs is "lesser".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's more shock than belief. It would be nice if we lived in a society where people weren't into this culture of shock, but it's where we are.

I support her right to say it, and to make millions off the morons who choose to worship at the alter of shock.

As for my opinions of her, I think she is very intelligent, and has became very adept in a balancing act of telling people what they want to hear politically and mixing with personal shock attacks.

Am I offended? No. But I know she wants me to be.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say its weird that you couldn't just make a rational, logical post trying to defend Ann Coulter without it turning into a flame of "liberals" but...well...you know...its not that weird. This thread title wasn't "The right wants Jews to be perfected" was it? WTF cares what the left does, it doesn't make Ann Coulter any more or less of a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

my response was a natural progression of the topic. ann is a righty. she gets attacked because of her outspoken nature. if its weird to you that i would point out the hypocrisy of the Left in this instance, well... by all means, be dismayed.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main thing here is that she simultaneously managed to mock both judaism and christianity, as well as personally insulting
the host, d.d., when a.c. says to him upon him saying that he's a jew, she says, well I'm sure youre nonpracticing.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

my response was a natural progression of the topic. ann is a righty. she gets attacked because of her outspoken nature. if its weird to you that i would point out the hypocrisy of the Left in this instance, well... by all means, be dismayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not dismayed, because it seems to be par for the course in our current political climate. That also explains why you would think it's a "natural progression" , when in fact, it's not. Can you not see that?