Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: SBRUGBY POSSIBLY HACKED

he doesnt have connections with AIM he just guesses security codes and gets in that way.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this [censored] is getting ridiculous. there really has to be a way to put a stop to this. i kind of suck w/ computers but does no one really know how to prevent this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardware firewalls, good passwords than are changed regularly, spyware/antivirus protection that scans 24/7.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the dude just has a connection to AOL, basically can get anyone's password.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt this is the case, passwords are never stored in a usable format.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:18 AM

there is a >50% chance this is all the doing of stevedapimp, aka steve coleman.

the fact he has not been arrested and charged for identity theft, extortion, and fraud at this point is beyond me. or killed.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:20 AM

the law doesnt give a crap about professional poker players.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:47 AM

while true it is easy to take advantage of identity theft, fraud, and cyber-crime laws these days

and simply putting a hit out on a scumbag from west virginia
Old 11-12-2007, 04:58 AM

why don't you guys just start msming when you want to transfer money or calling each other first?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the fact he has not been arrested and charged for identity theft, extortion, and fraud at this point is beyond me. or killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know about whether stevedapimp has anything to do with this in particular, but why haven't we as a community organized to complain to the FBI cyber-crimes division about him and the other hackers whose identities we know. it seems like theres a good chance we could make these people go to jail, and that would be pretty awesome.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:29 AM

Geeeez this seems crazy,

I know most of you HS on-line guys communicate/know each other and the pool of players seem to be getting smaller and smaller due to less fish and the gaming act last Oct and whatever.....

But with all this internet BS going on of late(AP hole card scandel,hacked AIM accounts,players using/sharing other accounts or names so you dont even know if your playing that person,the pokerstars "VOID" multi-accounting issue,the time and trouble of getting your money off-line,ect.)

With all the $$$$$ you guys keep on the these sites(and I am sure its substantial),and all this recent BS...doesnt it seem that the risk/reward has tipped the scales against you?

Or do you feel these games are still profitable enough and to still out weigh these incidents?

It seems there are less and less games available,...and MORE and MORE scams and non-sense going on now?

Sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 09:23 AM

I got hacked 1,5 years ago when playing b2b. Guy in chat asked for cash, I did not respond. After a while he started calling me by my first+family name (on b2b a player can have basically how many account he/she wants. This account was 2 days old and I had not told anyone about it, so basically people could not know it was me), he wrote my addresse, Email and that he will take my money. Everything in the chat. I'm not very good in poker and even worse with computers so I did not know what to do except panic. Log out, call my friend to change my password, write an Email to support saying I hold them responsible if any money goes away from the account in any way and that the IP number I'm Emailing from is the only number I ever log in from, from now on. Same night in msn a guy claiming to Mikael Thuritz(I don't know the real M.T) starts writing me, my msn Email is not the same as my poker Email. This turns out to be the same guy now saying he is coming to kill and that he knows where I live. No I panic even more, not because I belived him but that someone obviously was in my computer. Check my Email, still no answer from support. Right after "Thuritz" logs out I get added by [Eail]24hpoker@ support.com[/Email, which is identical with their support mail. Ok finally, I thought. The conversation started normally, they would look into it and value my action and bla bla bla. Then all of a sudden they write.."you really don't think we will help you do you?" I go.."what?" It turned out to be the same guy again, this saying how he would kill he. I took pictures of the chat with the addresse he was writing from, pulled the plug to my computer and asked my friend to Email support together with the pictures. If they did not want to help me before now surely they would, right? Wrong, got one answer from them and have not heard anything from them. Ok I'm not a highstake superstar like Sbrugby but on b2b the player pool is quite small and a 5-10/10-20 and occasionally 50-100 (on tilt obviously) player is much more valuable to them compared to the same player on Stars for example.

Point of my post is,

1) Never play b2b
2) Get different Emails and passwords for everything
3) Start using Gmail and NEVER hotmail

After starting with number 3 Ihave never experienced any problems

Kex

Edit: Never meant to post a link
Old 11-12-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, looks like this to me . Same guy who hacked Neutrality about one week ago. (FTP still investigating that case)

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/...howtopic=44963

Orig. 2+2 Thread about this guy
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...art=25&vc=1

I'm also surprised no serious action has been taken about this guy.