Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Where can I bet on American Idol?

American Idol is coming back in a little over two months and I want to be able to place some bets this year.

Which sports books and betting exchanges are likely to have AI this year? I need someplace that accepts U.S. residents.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Where can I bet on American Idol?

wsex probably
Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 AM

InTrade as well. For props, I would also suggest having money on Bodog and The Greek.

I was thinking about starting a thread to see how people felt about emailing sports books prior to January to stir up perceived interest in AI wagering. If we all fired off some emails to various books (even ones we know will probably carry it, like WSEX), we could help ensure that our action will have sufficient outlets. Couldn't hurt.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:06 PM

Bookmaker was pretty good as well. They always had the "To Boot" line right up until the elimination show.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about starting a thread to see how people felt about emailing sports books prior to January to stir up perceived interest in AI wagering. If we all fired off some emails to various books (even ones we know will probably carry it, like WSEX), we could help ensure that our action will have sufficient outlets. Couldn't hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> I like this idea. We should e-mail WSEX and MB. Even though they both offered it last year maybe they will offer it sooner and/or insure they offer it at all. </font>
Old 11-04-2007, 05:09 AM

E-mails should go to WSEX, Bookmaker, Greek, Bodog, and Intrade.

We should ask for odds to win and odds to get eliminated each week. Props like last longers would be icing on the cake.

WSEX has it each year almost solely due to e-mails from those on this site. Intrade (formerly TradeSports) has carried it the past couple years, but has said they may not carry it this year. The other books have offered lines in the past, but are dependent on interest.

High volume of e-mails from many people is very important for the availability/existence of lines. Post-Pinny, almost all books have cut entertainment lines except where there is regular interest and requests for odds (Bodog being one notable exception with their steady supply of $50 wagers).
Old 11-07-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
E-mails should go to WSEX, Bookmaker, Greek, Bodog, and Intrade.

We should ask for odds to win and odds to get eliminated each week. Props like last longers would be icing on the cake.

WSEX has it each year almost solely due to e-mails from those on this site. Intrade (formerly TradeSports) has carried it the past couple years, but has said they may not carry it this year. The other books have offered lines in the past, but are dependent on interest.

High volume of e-mails from many people is very important for the availability/existence of lines. Post-Pinny, almost all books have cut entertainment lines except where there is regular interest and requests for odds (Bodog being one notable exception with their steady supply of $50 wagers).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the books will be very interested in offering these props, after receiving a ton of e-mails asking for them within a very short time period AND 2 months before the show airs.

How could they not think that a bunch of AI sharps are looking to tear them apart, especially considering that these props are farily small markets?

If you're going to send e-mails asking for these lines, you should be smart about it. No need to send the e-mail today. No need to appear too eager about them.

Best way is to e-mail as if you are a possible new (and square) customer. Ask them if they offer AI lines, but also ask if they offer line on other "odd" "fin" things like: 1) will OJ be found guilty; 2) Will Britney Spears go to rehab - again; 3)presidential election; etc etc.

Oh it wouldn't hurt to ask about NBA and NCAA teasers too.

Point is, if you're going to send an e-mails to books be sure to look like a square. Of course, the exchanges care less about shapr action then the books, and, in fact they'd welcome it as sharps will make markets for them

. Keep in mind the WSEX is really a book that can act/look like an exchange - they don't want sharps.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:22 PM

I don't know...in the past, they've listened when we've shown interest. They know that with what ever they offer, sharps are in the minority. Even many of the "sharps" on 2+2 have made stupid AI bets in the past (and I'm willing to bet some people here lost money overall - probably lurkers).
Old 11-07-2007, 07:59 PM

Hogua, good point about waiting until the AI season starts and spacing out the e-mails. I was simply responding to the question posted, with the answer being that e-mails are necessary. You are correct, though, they should wait until January. Plenty of time anyway, as there are many weeks of auditions until the show reaches the top 24 stage with corresponding betting.

Lol at AI sharps though. I didn't back-check this forum thoroughly, but my understanding is that most 2+2'ers got killed last year, primarily on Melinda and Lakisha. WSEX includes a bunch of juice on the buy/sells, and I'm guessing they make out pretty well most seasons, albeit a much smaller volume than their regular markets. They probably made a ton last year, compared to market size.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't back-check this forum thoroughly, but my understanding is that most 2+2'ers got killed last year, primarily on Melinda and Lakisha.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]