Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Brag: Poker on School Comps

Sweet the latest upgrade to the school computers now lets me install and play poker between classes. USF now back to top 5 in nation.

We werent able to do this last time I tried 3 weeks ago. I log onto the computer and see FT poker, PStars, and Bodog were downloaded. haha I love it.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Brag: Poker on School Comps

That might not be a good idea: shared computers can have many types of keyloggers installed upon them, ranging from software-based to physical interfaces which fit between the keyboard and PC. I'd avoid putting in your username/password on a computer that isn't your own.

To further the paranoia a bit more, avoid connecting to public or unsecured wireless networks when you're looking to play poker on your laptop also.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I change my password once a week right now anyways. But I think I will change it anytime I play on the comps at school. Plus I dont have much money in my account anyways.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:04 PM

Protip - email yourself current password details and copy paste instead of typing them.

And have your email account details in your private file share, enjoy never getting keylogged [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Protip - email yourself current password details and copy paste instead of typing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's trivially easy for a keylogger to log the contents of the clipboard as well . . . I wouldn't rely on cutting and pasting as any guarantee of security.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:24 PM

If you know there's a keylogger, just type in your password with characters in between, which you later delete by clicking them with the mouse and using backspace. By changing the cursor location with the mouse you can also enter your password in another order. Combining these two and having fun for a minute typing in your password makes it impossible for a keylogger to catch your password.