Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: This game is killing me right now like I cannot believe (long)

Wow, 6 months. At one table at a time. Some guys here play more hands in a couple of weeks. It was because I knew we would get responses like yours and Runner Runner that I rather harshly asked for this post to go to BBV. Sigh.

gl

bdd
Old 10-25-2007, 12:33 PM

i think you def. should take a vacation

its nice to get vacation after 10k lost with such bankroll i think, at least for a week
i dont seem i'd do that but its the only way to prevent tilt
probably you think you hvnt ever tilted but you did

and
lotsaluck man
Old 10-25-2007, 12:36 PM

Graph?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:22 PM

The only strange part of your post is the last downswing of 20BIs in 2 days at 2/4 since this is the stake that you`ve been beating like a drum and probably it is your most successful stake you`ve played at.

The only explanation is that you`ve been playing very bad (possibly under major tilt) coupled with running bad.

So yeah I`m gonna have to agree with the rest that somewhat extended break is needed for you atm.

The best solution by far (if possible) is taking a vacation.
Two weeks relaxing and/or partying on some sandy beach payed with poker winnings charges up your battery, makes you appreciate life and most importantly makes you appreciate your A-game and trust me... you WILL play your A-game again when you get back home.

I like taking a "summer" vacation at least 3 times a year.
Very therapeutic.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to add to that "and I don't play a particularly swingy style" but I checked in PTO and my SD/100 is 559 ptBB. That's not normal, right? I think there may be something wrong with my PTO.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that number is impossible, so either something is wrong or you're looking at the wrong number.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to add to that "and I don't play a particularly swingy style" but I checked in PTO and my SD/100 is 559 ptBB. That's not normal, right? I think there may be something wrong with my PTO.

[/ QUOTE ]

As pete said, I don't think that is possible.

I'm sure you know how to check yourself in Excel?

New pokertracker instructions for download of Omaha hand results from
Pokertracker Omaha to Excel.

Here are some instructions I put together:

1. Open pokertracker
2 Select [Game Notes] tab
3. Select [Get All] button on the right side of the screen.
4. Select [p] button on the left side

5. Once the new window opens, select the [Export...] button at bottom right
6. Deslect all but #1 Level, and #15 BB
7. Hit [Browse..]
8. File name: type "Nitty Irish Donkey"
9. Hit [OK]
10. Hit [Export]

Open file in Excel

and in a open cell, type "=stdev(B2:B75000)" and hit Enter.

Note: there's an Excel limit so you might have to just look at x# of
hands instead of 72,000. (I know 60,000 work)
Old 10-25-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time you get bored of looking for, or working at, a normal job you'll have a clear head and be able to come back and play well. And you will have gained some perspective on your situation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

this is such an enormous help its not even funny. 2 weeks ago i lost 300 big bets playing shorthanded limit holdem, (a high variance game in and of itself). i cashed out, redeposited at i different site about 8 days when the check arrived, started playing about 2 levels lower and played/ ran great. give it a try
Old 10-25-2007, 07:42 PM

Despite the fact the poster has more than when he started a wealth point reached from below is never the same as falling from above.

I'd read a good book, like say Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:03 AM

Thanks for the replies. I do not think I have been on major tilt, and I am going to get some players I respect to sweat me in order to help plug the leaks. I have not been playing my A game, but I have also been running worse than I ever thought possible. I have played more PLO in the last six months than all but a few posters on this forum, literally hundreds of thousands of hands. Unfortunately they are on three different comps and I dont have Pokertracker on my laptop which I use for FTP where i played most, so I am not posting a graph.

During my upswing from 8k to 50k I was averaging eight hours a day crushingfelt, not three. The time it took me to make this money is what is bugging me the most. I still have a five figure plus bankroll, but this massive loss makes me realize how much time I have poured into this game, and how much going broke would hurt.

My present plan is to take at least a week off and then resume playing at 100plo with a 100+ buyin roll, and not move up until I win both 20 buyins and log 10k hands.

If you are an aggressive player that plays more than 4 tables at limits higher 1/2, these downswing will happen and 40 buyins for a player like me might just not be enough. I killed these games for months on end, I know I play well and still I have gotten smashed endlessly. I have lost my last 10 sessions or so and am frustrated as hell.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, these are the kind of Omaha stories I'll never understand. I've been playing Omaha online for about the past 6 months or so, generally at the 1/2 level or 2/4 level such as yourself. I never have more than 10 buyins at a site, and I haven't had to reload in the entire 6 months. You must play some crazy agressive style to be losing that sort of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

earlier this month I lost 8 buyins in 2 hands as a 99% favorite.

[censored] happens. it will sooner or later happen to you too. if you don't think that it will or if you aren't properly bankrolled for it you will go broke. end of story.
Closed Thread