Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Ann Coulter : \"Jews need to be perfected\", i.e. become Christians

the coulter did it again this time on cable. was anyone watching?

[ QUOTE ]
Ann Coulter shocked a cable TV talk-show audience Monday when she declared that Jews need to be "perfected" by becoming Christians, and that America would be better off if everyone were Christian. Coulter made the remarkable statements during an often heated appearance to promote her new book on advertising guru Donny Deutsch's CNBC show "The Big Idea."

In response to a question from Deutsch asking Coulter if "it would be better if we were all Christian," the controversial columnist responded: "Yes."

"We should all be Christian?" Deutsch repeated.

"Yes," Coulter responded, asking Deutsch, who is Jewish, if he would like to "come to church with me."

Deutsch, pressing Coulter further, asked, "We should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians?" She responded: "Yeah."

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301216,00.html
Old 10-24-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Ann Coulter : \"Jews need to be perfected\", i.e. become Christians

We've already done this thread. This isn't anything special. Every religion believes that everyone else should be converted to their religion.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We've already done this thread. This isn't anything special. Every religion believes that everyone else should be converted to their religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but how many religions are as successful at converting people as the ACists at 2+2?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but how many religions are as successful at converting people as the ACists at 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

They hav'nt converted me. Then again; neither has religion.

.... The audio was played on the Howard Stern Show to which Howard responded "what a c***t." An appropriate response I felt.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe that statists need to be "perfected" and their beliefs consigned to the dustbin of history?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe that statists need to be "perfected" and their beliefs consigned to the dustbin of history?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. They just need to stop initiating force on people who don't want to participate. They can keep doing their statist thing all they want among other statists.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jews don't. As a matter of fact they tend to look down on those that have converted.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jews don't. As a matter of fact they tend to look down on those that have converted.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO much worse, Judaism, proposes that gentiles (and all women) are born imperfect. The pious Jew, afterall, thanks God in his prayers for not making him a woman or Goy!
Old 10-24-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Again (as I posted this in the last post re this subject) I dont know where your ideas come from. It is a consistent and universal principle (as well as explicitly addressed in Jewish Law) shared by all major strains of Judaism, that converts are welcomed and embraced fully. It is even forbidden to remind a convert that he/she was once not Jewish (in order not to embarrass the individual).
Old 10-24-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO much worse, Judaism, proposes that gentiles (and all women) are born imperfect. The pious Jew, afterall, thanks God in his prayers for not making him a woman or Goy!

[/ QUOTE ]

nice (and typical) that a thread about a Christian woman making offensive comments about Jews has, in the space of one page, deteriorated into a Judaism bashing thread.

Did you just hear this somewhere and write it down, or have you actually looked into this and done a bit of research? The prayer you mentioned is found in very many forms, many with wording that would not (i assume) upset anyone. There are also a number of points that i wont bog this thread down with, that explain what these lines actually mean or are interpreted to mean. It is not necessarily what you think.

As a side note, there is some debate whether this portion was written as a response to a declaration of the Apostle Paul and even (by such thinkers as Schopenhauer) if it was based on an ancient Greek tradition attributed to Plato, Socrates or Thales.

The American Conservative movement (a large strain of Judaism) has even changed the wording to a more "modern" interpretation and their prayer books are printed as such.

In any case, very old prayers were written a very wrong time ago and in many ways reflect the times and cultures within which they were written. Judaism has a well established (though by no means "modern") attitude to women - one that was at odds (and more "advanced") when compared to the major cultures of the time and since.