Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: so you want to play back at me? lol i dont believe you... either

1. Why would you overshove turn with a flush?

2. Hate it
Old 10-23-2007, 02:59 PM

1. I like the flop line but the turn shove is really ugly imo. he's not folding a K and will fold his draws. I think he has air a ton here and I'd give him another chance to bluff on the river.

2. wait what? just call the donk min bet.

what the hell r u doing in these hands? its .5/1 there's no need for crazy insane moves.

also i think having the Js in hand 1 is more incentive to check back fwiw.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:04 PM

Love the first hand, play it exactly the same if I’m playing well.

Dislike the second hand as it looks suspicious and the only better hand you fold out is AT. Otherwise, it takes all value out of a hand.
If you have a read that the $3 donk is an incredibly bad donk and fold a huge amount of the time, I’m ok with it, but I think I prefer a check here.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Also on Hand 2 - I really prefer a 3-bet here to isolate. You were at the table and had a read that a CC was more profitable, and I repsect that, but [personally, with a squeeze happy clownshoe behind me, I lick my lips when I get the chance to isolate the Donktard with a good hand in pos.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also on Hand 2 - I really prefer a 3-bet here to isolate. You were at the table and had a read that a CC was more profitable, and I repsect that, but [personally, with a squeeze happy clownshoe behind me, I lick my lips when I get the chance to isolate the Donktard with a good hand in pos.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's as squeeze happy as you say I like shoving over the squeeze. Was that the plan if MP didn't call? Or even shoving here isn't bad if MP likes seeing flops regarless of action.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:31 PM

I honestly dont see a better way to play hand 1. if someone has a better line im all for hearing it. keep in mind that villain is 26/22... so we have to think about his coldcalling range from the blinds and what that means in terms of his ch/r on this flop, along wth his turn check.

Hand 2
i think the most debatable part is PF. 3 betting is obv good as i was ahead of the donks range, but i felt like i could win more postflop if just called. i guess it was jsut a feel thing, but definitely not teh only line.on the flop i think shoving is my only option. im almost never ahead of donks bet (he has Tx, JJ, QQ here like 80% of the time, right?), and QJ the other 15%. and even if i somehow am ahead of the donk, then:
(1)if i just call then SB is ch/r shoving almost any 2, and i would have a hard time calling that. he cant do that if im allin, and he cant call wiht AN YTHING htat he checks the flop with can he?
(2)do we really want to see a turn if i am ahead? (again, i don'tthink i am) isnt the pot big enough already taht we should just be happy taking it down?

really, calling the donk minbet is the worst possible option, for several resaons
Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 PM

1st Hand:

You said you think he has air here a bunch with a small possibility of having Kx or maybe 55. Well I don't think he's folding most of his Kx hands if he's being spewy/tilty this session and wanting to play back at you. Thus I prefer taking the free card, maybe hitting a flush, and if not probably still calling some river bets. So I say check behind, keep the pot small, give yourself a chance to outdraw his big hands, and maybe induce another bluff from air that he c/r'ed the flop with.

2nd hand:

Man this is a bizzarre situation, I think if you're going to raise (which is fine) just make it $30, this hsould fold out A high and smaller pairs from the SB and hopefully fold out whatever crap MP is making this retarded bet with. If one of them calls then shutdown UI because they aint folding.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:13 PM

don't like either. you should 3bet the 2nd hand if the guy has been raising tonnes of trash.

1st one not too bad, 2nd one i don't really get
Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 PM

Hand 2 is so disgusting. Why can't you just call in hand 2?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:18 PM

why call? were like never ahead unless he has exactly QJ, which is pretty unlikely.
but ill play along... so we call the flop, and then he donks the turn for a stupid amount. so we call again because were getting such great odds right? and then on the river, same thing? so weve now invested a substastial amount more than out intial flop call with 0 chance of winning the pot. are we praying for a 2 outer or something?