Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Daily mumble

What is your daily mumble today? Or what would you like it to be? Everyone needs to get the occasional mumble going, to vent stress, help crystallize thought, or just to keep those around them on their toes. It can be short or long, mantra or maxim or malarkey, and hit any mood.

To get us started, Katy submitted this as a prayer for a meeting opener in another thread ...

[ QUOTE ]
"Thanks be to our heavenly father for providing us sanctuary in the midst of chaos and despair, for keeping us sane while those around us are losing their way and behaving like tards and greedy little [censored], ripping people off and in general being selfish little [censored] preying on the innocent (you know, for example, stealing my copper wiring not to mention my hutch and rothko's box of love notes). Thank you father for all you give us on a daily basis and which we often take for granted (even though the guy next door to me has a lot more than I'll ever have and everyone knows he's a real jerk). "

[/ QUOTE ]

... and it struck me as a nearly ideal mumble for keeping the seat next to you open on a train, to cut off unwanted conversations at the water cooler before they start, and, if you pee on yourself while reciting it, even capable of stopping potential muggers in their tracks.

So, what is your daily mumble going to be today?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Daily mumble

yesterday i worked 12 hours at my job. I sat at a computer and worked for 12 hours straight.

My friend and I, who normally get along great, had a spat. I am depressed. I think he's obnoxious and unreasonable. He says outrageous things just to get laughs. He calls me names and says really rude things because he's just being funny. After putting in 11 hours a girl doesn't want to hear outrageous, rude comments. What is wrong with this guy? He's such an immature baby. I don't want to work anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 10-18-2007, 08:55 AM

Call him a yambag. It will make you feel better. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

----------------------------------------------------

"....and Lord, please rain down fire on Absolute Poker. Amen."
Old 10-18-2007, 09:03 AM

i have a chest cold, i'm sick of sitting at this desk with nothing interesting to work on, and i'm sick of stripping dozens of layers of paint of my baseboard heaters because every previous owner was too lazy to do anything properly.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yesterday i worked 12 hours at my job. I sat at a computer and worked for 12 hours straight.

My friend and I, who normally get along great, had a spat. I am depressed. I think he's obnoxious and unreasonable. He says outrageous things just to get laughs. He calls me names and says really rude things because he's just being funny. After putting in 11 hours a girl doesn't want to hear outrageous, rude comments. What is wrong with this guy? He's such an immature baby. I don't want to work anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not really a Daily Mumble but I guess it could be.
Katy, Song to cheer you up.
I dont't want to work, I want to bang on the drum all day!!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:22 AM

Today I mumble "If it smells like fish, eat as you wish...".
Old 10-18-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to put into place that alternate career plan, forgetting to take your birth control pills!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:26 AM

My daily mumble today will be taken from Henry Miller's "Black Spring": Always merry and bright!

I'm confident that, done correctly, this could be quite frightening.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:34 AM

I prefer something repetitious and mantra-like

alternatives:
1) redrum, redrum, redrum
2) He bangs his fists against the posts, and still insists he sees the ghosts
3) Is everything we see or seem but a dream within a dream
Old 10-18-2007, 11:54 AM

"Sex Tonight? Sex Tonight? Sex Tonight? Sex Tonight?"
Over and over in my head.
I keep hoping that the ESP thing will kick in between my wife and I.
Hasn't worked yet, but today is a new day and I am ever hopeful!