Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 09:23 PM

Default AKs 3-bet pot with a weird line by me....rate my river bluff

Sat at the table for approx. 45 hnds or so and am running a real aggresive 33/28/inf in that short period. Powering people out of pots. Here is the only hand that I have shown down so far.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $51.95
UTG: $56.65
MP: $52.05
CO: $50
BTN: $56.70
SB: $52.25

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, SB folds, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $4

Turn: ($13.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10

River: ($33.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, BTN calls $15

Results: $63.50 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON $60.50 (+$29.75 NET)
BTN mucked A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$30.75 NET)
<font color="blue">
I played the hand fairly passively since I've been trying out a different tactic in Position on low flops that have missed me.

Feel free to critique all parts of the hand including the bluff....I have opinions about it, but I will share those after some posts as I don't want to taint the analysis </font>

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $92.60
BTN: $57.40
SB: $20.15
BB: $97.40
UTG: $50
MP: $52.20

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, 3 folds, MP calls $4.25

Flop: ($12.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($12.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($12.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $6.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25</font>, MP folds

Results: $25.75 Pot ($1.25 Rake)
Hero mucked A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and WON $24.50 (+$12 NET)
Old 10-10-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: AKs 3-bet pot with a weird line by me....rate my river bluff

Hand 1 I don't really like. Alot of players with a decent ace would have raised you off that flop especially given your table image. I would be mildly concerned by the flat call on the flop followed by a bet when the flush card dropped on the turn. Played this way you're so easily beat by a stronger flush. I'm checking this river though. I think you're a bit lucky the villan played this hand so badly.

What's with not cbetting the flop after the pf3bet in hand two?

I don't try to play LAG so maybe I'm out of line.

I would have folded hand 1 pf.

cbetted hand 2 and c/f'd turn/river hand unimproved. called.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:52 PM

don't know how 'called.' got in at the end there

lol.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I don't really like. Alot of players with a decent ace would have raised you off that flop especially given your table image. I would be mildly concerned by the flat call on the flop followed by a bet when the flush card dropped on the turn. Played this way you're so easily beat by a stronger flush. I'm checking this river though. I think you're a bit lucky the villan played this hand so badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that I have the perfect flop for my hand in hand 1 right?? I lead into the PFR hoping to get raised so I can 3 bet AI. As for river, I value bet there, with the plan to b/f if raised since I am obv no good. That hand is pretty standard, and not what I was looking for.

C/f river in hnd 2 is weak the way the hand played, IMO since most villains are leading with any two cards that got there.

I check the flop because I'm trying to vary my play in these pots and work on getting better value. That doesn't mean it's right to do it always, but certainly not wrong to do it when we miss sometimes and take the free card in pos.

OOP i cbet this flop like 95% of time.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:49 PM

we got n e reads on villian or n e thing?!?!?!?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:15 AM

Villain is somewhat loose, running 28/15/3, and fairly unremarkable. Generally called too much OOP, and liked to Open limp hands such as SC's small pp from early pos
Old 10-11-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that I have the perfect flop for my hand in hand 1 right?? I lead into the PFR hoping to get raised so I can 3 bet AI. As for river, I value bet there, with the plan to b/f if raised since I am obv no good. That hand is pretty standard, and not what I was looking for.

C/f river in hnd 2 is weak the way the hand played, IMO since most villains are leading with any two cards that got there.

I check the flop because I'm trying to vary my play in these pots and work on getting better value. That doesn't mean it's right to do it always, but certainly not wrong to do it when we miss sometimes and take the free card in pos.

OOP i cbet this flop like 95% of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I see your point, I was wrong about flop. Just trying to this out. Ax has got to be a much bigger part of villans range than two clubs which obv gives you equity on his range right (with your gutshot straight draw + fd giving you 13 outs)...

you checking the turn is saying you didn't like the flush getting there which makes him think his TP is good.

Cool. I see.

But, the way the flop / turn played makes the stronger flush look more likely imo... More often than not I would have expected an A to raise the flop.

I'm still not convinced that river bet = value.

Cheers
Old 10-11-2007, 03:18 PM

Hand 1 - anything but bet bet bet is crap imo. You have a monster vs windowlickers - valuetown it.

Hand 2 - just awful, he won't fold a pair here nearly all the time. Either bet flop and give up or just check it down (and win a decent amount of the time).
Old 10-11-2007, 03:21 PM

You could call the river in hand 2 if you think he is full of it (which he quite often is). Call=fold&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;raise imo
Old 10-11-2007, 03:28 PM

How is hand 2 a (good) bluff? I find it hard to believe he would or did fold any pair. Calling gets the same result with much less risk.

EDIT: I prefer folding as played, but you won so whatever.