Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 09-19-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: UltimateBet:: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

There are some of the worst players I've ever seen on UB who usually provide a steady stream of cash. Unfortunately for me I also have had my worst downswings on UB for some reason. Stupid doomswitch [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I've never had a problem with UB cashouts. The bonus is basically worthless but the RB is ok.

I play elsewhere but I give UB a look periodically.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:23 PM

I disagree about the points to cash bonus. I get about 175 a week out of it. Is there another bonus?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:50 PM

By bonus I'm referring to reload bonuses. They usually have one on the weekends and another one midweek. Right now they have one, probably advertised on the splash page, I'm too lazy to check right now.

But if you're playing on UB and you aren't playing for bonus AND RB AND points to cash, you're pretty much taking money out of your pocket and lighting it on fire.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:31 PM

UB has been good to me although I recently quit playing there mostly on account of software.

Cashouts via NETeller have been superfast lately, the money is in my account within 24h.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:32 PM

I've had no problems cashing out of UB. Haven't really had to deal with their support either.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:17 PM

a) can't comment, I'm a U.S. player
b) cashouts never a problem for me

c) I am glad you asked. I really don't know how to spot bots, but I don't have any trouble beating the stakes that I play (.10/.25) so if there are bots, they're not good...

BUT, the f-ing cheaters I can't stand! The old disconnect protect abuse is used fairly frequently. I posted a message about this not too long ago and only got one response. I actually think that some people don't really understand how they are being cheated by this move.

Example: the f-ing cheat faces a big river bet when he thought he was ahead all along. Now, he wants desperately to see the river but doesn't want to call the pot sized bet (say $15) for fear that he is beat. He simply disconnects. The river bet then does not count and the hand is decided on the same basis as usual, best five card hand. But the pot is whatever it was after the turn betting.

What did he gain? He effectively can call or raise with the nuts or close to the nuts, or show down his hand without calling any more bets if he thinks he may be second best. He cannot be bluffed on the river!

This is my lead in to answer (d),

d) the customer service is laughable. It's a complete joke. I sent two very detailed e-mails complaining about a couple of people who constantly abuse the disconnect protect. I gave hand numbers, screen names, times, etc. It took them over a month to get back to me with a message stating that the players have been "warned". They will do nothing about it.

e) see (d)

Why do I stay there? Because of the sites where I can play being a U.S. player, UB has the softest game at my stakes.

As far as the cheating, I just try to embarrass the repeat offenders whenever they are at my table letting others at the table know that they will disconnect on the river if things get hairy. Of course, the cheaters probably couldn't care less...
Old 09-20-2007, 12:49 AM

This doesn't exactly answer the OP's question, but UB is the only site where I actually noticed playing against a bot. I was playing some micro stakes like 5cent/10cent limit and I played against a very agressive player who always folded when raised. It was very mysterious behavior. On the whole, I thought the table was extra agressive for such low stakes, but when I noticed this guy, I just started calling preflop and auto-raising his flop bet.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:01 AM

I dont have any problems with UB I play there more then any other site. My courier checks are only $8 but I play small stakes and only cash out a few hundred at a time.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing on UB and cashing out, but I'm very curious what others think about UB and the following (please distinguish a and b):

a) cashout difficulties for non-US players

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

[ QUOTE ]
b) cashout difficulties for US players

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

[ QUOTE ]
c) stopping cheats and bots

[/ QUOTE ]

nope

[ QUOTE ]