Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Post College-getting a menial PT sales/retail job to meet people

at least starbucks gives good benefits for PT people.

as BaristaBob all about it.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My roommate and I both have jobs that don't afford us a lot of contact with people our age and we're looking to remedy that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally hear ya man. I am an accountant, and I recently quit cause I hated the atmosphere at my job. I'll still stick with the industry, but work at a different company with better atmosphere.

Working accounts for so much of your time, so you definetely want it to be a social place. Like others have said, a clothing store isn't your only option. If you do work retail or some job beneath you, there are clothing stores and such where it isn't high schoolers working there. Restaurants have a social staff. Clubs have skanks rolling in left and right. I myself am gonna try a co-ed touch football league. I'm signing up as an individual, cause I find that if I'm on a team with buddies, I won't meet as many new people.

By the way, how old are you? I'm 30 and still in the game, trying new strategies all the time.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:05 PM

I'd rather take a photography class or something like that.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:37 PM

Where do you live?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:45 PM

Why not just work for an organization with lots of younger people (21-25)? The company I ended up accepting a job from hires mostly recent college grads and the job I took takes advantage of the skills I've learned.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bar/club/beach bar and club ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP this is what you should be doing if you want to meat girls.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bar/club/beach bar and club ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP this is what you should be doing if you want to meat girls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Freudian slip FTW.

Its true too. I think J-Crew staff and customers has a lot of high school girls while bars have older girls. I guess its up to you whether that's a problem.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:26 PM

River,

I know where you're at man. The complete mundane surrounding in most corporate offices can make somebody certifiable. However there is an easy way to meet tons of young girls you can impress in your time off. Sign up for some classes at your local community college. Foreign languages or maybe some type of sports class or even some art if you're feeling frisky.

I re-enrolled in a small jc to pick up a special technical certification and was amazed at how many young hot girls are present. Granted I'm a complete spaz so I only hooked up with one chick in the time there but since you have a job and a little money you'd do quite well in that setting.

[censored] J-crew, you want a part time job work construction or something on the weekend so you can stay in shape mentally and physically. Working all week and then following it up by couch-potating all weekend is terrible for your body and mind.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:39 PM

taking a crappy job to meet girls is like shooting yourself in the foot hoping to get prescribed vicodin. i mean yeah it might work, but it's a miserable and degrading way to get something that you can acquire just as easily with a little effort or ingenuity.

if you do insist on doing it, working in a bar is the way to go and it's not close.

but other options, like recreational sports, night classes, travel, etc are all superior to this. just pick something you like to do and there is probably a way to get involved with strangers by doing it.

also, learn to throw a good barbecue or have a good party, even if not many people come at first you will definitely get more friends if you are known for having a good time. just don't whore your house out to whatever idiot walks through the door hoping to make friends.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[censored] J-crew, you want a part time job work construction or something on the weekend so you can stay in shape mentally and physically. Working all week and then following it up by couch-potating all weekend is terrible for your body and mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't totally agree on the construction part only because I know construction jobs have a lot of uneducated dimwitted idiots who can't perform any job that requires thinking. I'm not saying that about all of them, but there are alot fo guys like that.

The part about working during the week and then couch-potatoing or socially isolating yourself on a weekend is the complete truth; especially if your job isn't very social.

I was in that exact situation. My jobs social atmosphere just blew, and my weekend social life was diminishing as my #1 drinking wingman got into a more serious relationship. Lack of socializing at work + Lack of socializing on weekends + Not getting laid can totally f**k with your head.