Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: NLTRN $11 - VIDEO!

I think it would be helpful if you go to options and set the "Display Bet Amounts" button...
Old 09-06-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i downloaded the video this morning but it doesnt work.

What kind of player do i have to use to watch it?

i have the windows media player but i only have sound...

[/ QUOTE ]Here is the code link. You need a TechSmith Screen Capture Codec (TSCC)

[/ QUOTE ]

wow thx man.
you are really awesome, it works perfect now.
Maybe i wirte something about the vid later.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:19 PM

been a few days any reviews?
Old 09-07-2007, 09:58 PM

I don't play turbos, so my comments may not mean much, though I do play at your buyin level. I think you're folding way too much, and your standards for a made hand after the flop are way too strict. You weren't blessed with cards in your first game, but I still saw a lot of hands that I considered playable even in a raised pot, and I think you folded a lot of winners post-flop. Unfortunately, I don't remember any specific hands anymore, since I watched the video a while ago.

I also disagree with your apparent approach to wait for the blinds to go up before really starting playing. I think there is a lot of value in splashing around when the blinds are low against a weak opponent, that's when you can press your skill advantage the best. Then again, maybe it's another difference between turbos and regular NLTRN's.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 PM

dima,

damned if i don't think you have some of a point. usually i like to play tighter when the blinds are low just because i dont want to offer high implied odds to my opponent before i know much about them. that being said, i need to do a better job collecting information early on when it's cheap so i can take advantage better throughout the match.

thanks for the comments [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2007, 10:58 PM

Personally, I'm not nearly as worried about reverse implied odds in HU as I am at full ring. I'm not sure if there's a theoretical justification for that, but that's how I feel. It is quite rare that I find myself holding a classic second best hand, such as A9 versus AK on an A high board or so on. Maybe the fact that there is such a wide playable range in HU, coupled with the fact that bluffing is probably more frequent than value betting, has something to do with it.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:55 PM

Nice video. I think you gotta trust your instincts more though. The hand I am thinking of is where you had 23o (one club) on an AKT all club flop. Mr. baby avatar bets and you are like man he didn't hit that I should check raise, but then decide that folding is a better play. Nonsense - you gotta pull the trigger there and raise him. It's def +EV.