Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory

Old 09-02-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Need an advanced version of Pokerstove

Sort of a cross post, I suppose this could go in software or maybe probability, but curious if anyone has take a shot at something like this:

A good hand range calculator where you can not only evaluate hands against ranges (like pokerstove), but one where you can assign different probabilities to each hand in the range. Obviously if would have to account for card removal as stove does.

It would be nice to have a faster way to see if my estimates are reasonable or not... I occasionally do the math for some big hands and my estimated equity is way off on occasion. It's very frustrating to have a decent read on a guy's range, but be off by 10% in terms of equity I think I have. Sitting down later I find the errors (doing the math in conjunction with Stove), and am always getting better at it, but this would move along a lot faster with s Stove-type utility.

I mean, I don't expect to be able to figure out (in real time) that my AJs is a 65.45 favorite against the range I estimate for PLayer X, but I'd like them to be reasonably close. Just going back and checking the numbers has given me a better feel for estimating, but again pokerstove doesn't allow me to give more or less weight to the different possible hands. Also, this is for post-flop stuff, hand range problems are generally a lot more straightforward preflop.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Need an advanced version of Pokerstove

try this here
Old 09-03-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Need an advanced version of Pokerstove

Thanks