Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 08-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Should I be folding this at any point?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___raises

4th Street - (7.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.33 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (8.33 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (11.33 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (13.33 BB)
Old 08-29-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Should I be folding this at any point?

Given my recent travails with flush draws (see my recent thread about this), I am certainly not one to give advice about your hand. Let it suffice to say that your hand looks precisely like almost all of the flush draws that I have had in the last 6-8 weeks.

Be that as it may, prior to my recent drought with flush draws, I would have answered your question with a "no." However, having suffered through what I have the last two months with these types of hands over and over, I'm now more inclined to think you should have folded on 5th street given that you have virtually no backdoor draw possibilities to beat his repped trip As and the ONLY thing you are now drawing to that can beat his repped trip As is your flush, albeit a very live flush draw.

Playing these exact types of flush draws to the river has been rather expensive for me lately, and I've only been playing $3/6, $2/4 and $1/2. At $30/60 it wouldn't take too many of these busted flushes going to the river to make me want to do bodily harm to myself. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 05:33 PM

Wahoo, did you notice that the hand is hilo?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:51 PM

Homer Simpson: "Dohhhhh!"

Emily Litella: "Never mind."
Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 PM

Wahoo, the point is that because it's stud8, it drastically changes likelihood that villain has trip aces. Of course, I still fear that hand and it hurts my hand substantially, but he could and should be betting naked AA through sixth street.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:25 PM

I couldn't find a fold anywhere. You are simply just destined to loose this hand.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:22 AM

Blumpkin - assuming your only going to get 1/2 the pot and your low draw is dead the pot is large enough to call, your getting 5.2:1 on your investment in the pot and your drawing to 8 outs for the flush draw plush you have a slight chance that your low would be good if you hit it for the scoop (equally discounted by the slight chance seat one has a boat or better)- yum!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:28 AM

I don't think you can come close to folding before the river.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:30 AM

TT - you are saying that 6th is an easy call?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TT - you are saying that 6th is an easy call?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, sorry if I didnt make that clear, the pot is large, you cannot fold even assuming your opponent's hands are strong.