Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 06:53 PM

Default NLTRN $11 - 2 full house folds

***Hand A***

very early on, no real reads. looking at it now, preflop is probably bad.

Seat 1: got2pay2play (1550 in chips)
Seat 2: babybupkr (1450 in chips)
got2pay2play: posts small blind 10
babybupkr: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to babybupkr [ K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
got2pay2play: calls 10
babybupkr: raises 60 to 80
got2pay2play: calls 60
*** FLOP *** [ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
babybupkr: bets 120
got2pay2play: calls 120
*** TURN *** [ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [ T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
babybupkr: bets 150
got2pay2play: calls 150
*** RIVER *** [ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
babybupkr: checks
got2pay2play: bets 700
babybupkr: folds

i really doubt 66 or something turns into a bluff on this river. i was also betting with the hope of an A-hi hand calling me down.

***Hand B***

literally the second hand

Seat 1: WOO888 (1520 in chips)
Seat 2: babybupkr (1480 in chips)
babybupkr: posts small blind 10
WOO888: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to babybupkr [ 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
babybupkr: raises 40 to 60
WOO888: raises 40 to 100
babybupkr: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
WOO888: checks
babybupkr: bets 125
WOO888: calls 125
*** TURN *** [ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
WOO888: checks
babybupkr: checks
*** RIVER *** [ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [ 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
WOO888: bets 1295 and is all-in
babybupkr: folds

i was totally lost on the turn, tbh.

really just wondering if i should ever abandon the zeebo theorem without a strong read, lol.

thanks,
bbbushu
Old 08-27-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: NLTRN $11 - 2 full house folds

I call hand B I believe.

This can't be TT-AA IMO, why check call a flop and check the turn with that kind of a hand? Even fish almost never do this.

He can have a 9 but it's as likely as him bluffing with a missed diamond draw or overcards.

I know the odds suck but his line is atrocious for anything that beats you except a 9. Hell, he could have the other 8 and be splitting some of the time.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call hand B I believe.

This can't be TT-AA IMO, why check call a flop and check the turn with that kind of a hand? Even fish almost never do this.

He can have a 9 but it's as likely as him bluffing with a missed diamond draw or overcards.

I know the odds suck but his line is atrocious for anything that beats you except a 9. Hell, he could have the other 8 and be splitting some of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with ry, here. wondering why you wouldnt put out a bet on the turn? i think i would have had to bet here. ive seen hands like this where a-high pushes on the river. but mostly i call here as played.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 PM

hand A looks like an easy fold to me, really looks like he had the Ace.

In hand B he has a very strange line, he might even have a 9 there.

But i think you are ahead against his range, i have seen players making moves there with AQ or sth.

And i agree with Ry that he doesnt have 1010 + here because he obv. would have raised this flop.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:03 PM

im surprised you all think the fold in hand B is so bad.

are we assuming villain three-bet KQ or something preflop and is now turning it into a bluff, AT+? JT? this line with hands like that makes very little sense to me in any regard.

fwiw, i've seen overpairs take this flop line a LOT lately (slow-playing paired boards to let single pair hands draw basically dead) but i would be hard-pressed to put villain on a lot of hands that do this - i think some of them are bluffs and some of them are monsters but i think it's gonna be a monster a lot more often and my pot odds are terrible.

bbbushu
Old 08-28-2007, 10:13 PM

Hand A looks like an ace.

Hand B, I call as well. Your turn check invites a bluff I think. I rarely give people for overpairs as opposed to random bluffs if those are your only two choices. Most people are just too bluff happy. Quads are possible, but also unlikely enough given the 3bet/case 9 combo.