Default NLTRN $11 - A few 2-pair hands

***Hand A***

villain doesn’t seem crazy, but peels somewhat loosely occasionally

Seat 1: Playsir (1745 in chips)
Seat 2: babybupkr (1255 in chips)
Playsir: posts small blind 10
babybupkr: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to babybupkr [ 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Playsir: calls 10
babybupkr: checks
*** FLOP *** [ 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Playsir: bets 40
babybupkr: raises 80 to 120
Playsir: calls 80
*** TURN *** [ 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [ 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
babybupkr: bets 220
Playsir: calls 220
*** RIVER *** [ 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Playsir: bets 1385 and is all-in

> should I be blocking this river? How would you play this river?

***Hand B***

honestly don’t remember a read except that i had lead out at a few turns after the flop checked through and he kept folding.

Seat 1: Sandman2323 (1390 in chips)
Seat 2: babybupkr (1610 in chips)
Sandman2323: posts small blind 15
babybupkr: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to babybupkr [ 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Sandman2323: calls 15
*** FLOP *** [ 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Sandman2323: checks
*** TURN *** [ 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [ K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Sandman2323: checks
*** RIVER *** [ 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [ 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
babybupkr: bets 50
Sandman2323: raises 100 to 150
babybupkr: ???

is there any value in a three-bet on this river?

***Hand C***

villain is “super-hot” on sharkscope – seemed pretty solid

Seat 1: Julian732 (1955 in chips)
Seat 2: babybupkr (1045 in chips)
Julian732: posts small blind 10
babybupkr: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to babybupkr [ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Julian732: raises 20 to 40
babybupkr: calls 20
*** FLOP *** [ 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Julian732: checks
*** TURN *** [ 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [ T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
babybupkr: bets 60
Julian732: calls 60
*** RIVER *** [ 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [ Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
babybupkr: bets 100
Julian732: raises 260 to 360
babybupkr: folds

couldn't really put him solidly on a range but didn't think i ever get raised on this river by 1-pair or a missed draw.

thanks,
bbbushu
Old 08-27-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: NLTRN $11 - A few 2-pair hands

Start putting up pot sizes on your streets, it's easier than adding up the stuff in my head bc I'm generally lazy when I read this forum [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hand A if you want to block this river I think you need a read that he never shoves over without a flush and doesn't bluff like ever against a weak block, otherwise your block is basically your stack and he's not going to call with a weaker hand, board got really really ugly on turn and river and looks like you need to give it up here.

Hand B is a very read dependent hand to 3-bet.

Hand C looks like a better check call. What's with these people checking behind A flops all the time? I check call here bc he should bet out with busted draws, but if you think he's not bluffing much then your line is good and you have to fold here.

FWIW against a good player I like a check call.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: NLTRN $11 - A few 2-pair hands

hand A:
when he calls the turn raise im thinking he made top or 2nd pr, witha flush draw. poss, A-7.on the river i think this is an easy fold, really. so many hands are beating you here now with the 9 falling that you should cut your losses wait for a better spot. this is a flush or a Donkey str8 most of the time, almost never a hand you beat.

Hand B
you know wht im gonna say....you have to tax the limper here, espeacailly with the chip lead. that being said, i like letting him take the lead on the flop,i think that a bet on the turn gets you some good info,as to what kind of hand your up against. i know this player and he is not very good. my guess is that he thinks your bluffing the river nad he probly slow played a king, so as played i would feel that there is valuse in a 3 bet on the river.

Hand C- good fold, has either srt8 or at least 2 pr here.
peace rusty