Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 08-22-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Re: NLTRN $11 - 99 preflop decision

I think when the guy has 820 chips left he wants a lifeline of a coinflip. A massive pot to not only get back in the game, but take the lead. When I have a player that low I chip away. I dont want big pots. I agree that it is quite possible he has A5 or something, but he could also have TT or better. I dont see the need in forcing the hand by pushing. If he cals the push with JJ, then you are kicking yourself. I play these hands cautiously at this point in the match.

PS I play the $6 and $11 sngs and usually I am a lot better than my opponents. I can choose to be picky on where I put my money in as I know I will usually get another chance, and a better chance, down the road. So your point is fair in that if you can make your opponents make a mistake, do it, and I will probably see this line of thinking much clearer when I jump up levels, but for now, in my micro stakes-esque mind, I call.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: NLTRN $11 - 99 preflop decision

Dippy, you want the fold equity against hands like KT, QJ and JT. I don't want a guy calling with that hand in position, especially when one bet commits me and I'm not getting any value out of safe flops (for the most part).