Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 09:13 PM

Default 1/2 Question on me being a passive girl w/ RAWKETZ

I hate being so passive in 3handed drawish boards but I always seem to think both folding and betting/raising is incorrect.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
A girl: $196.20 -30/21/3
UTG+1: $561.89 -70/0/.5 I've seen him limp every PP + AK. Ive never seen him raise w/ strong overpairs/2prs. Occasionally makes small bets
CO: $83
Button: $438.95 -35/20/3. Aggressive but no real read on ranges or style.
SB: $113.05
BB: $229.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) A girl is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">A girl raises to $7</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($30, 4 players)
SB checks, A girl checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $23</font>, SB folds, A girl calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($99, 3 players)
A girl checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $60</font>, A girl calls, UTG+1 calls.

I'm fine folding last ~50bb on riv scare card or maybe to another serious bet from BTN as I'm sure UTG+1 will overcall. I really like the turn card but really don't want to get it ai in here as I feel my overall equity vs the two is very low w/o much FE. Anyway, is this line ridiculous or what.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Question on me being a passive girl w/ RAWKETZ

What's up with the flop check? Bet and go from there. It's not a great spot but you should still play it like you are ahead until proven otherwise.

Still, you prob. end up in the same spot on the turn even if you bet, and that spot well and truly sucks. I guess a c/c is fine although after the overcall you are done unimproved on the river.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 PM

i really don't like how you played this hand. Given that you check called the flop against the aggressive button player.... once you check the turn and he bets 60, I would shove. That is a great turn card for you, and you can't let UTG+1 beat you so cheap. It is highly ulikely that he has you beat... same goes for button.
Anyway, I would bet the flop (pot was 30, bet 25-30) assuming both players just call... shove the turn.

You have no....... MAHHH-BLES (gotta love major league)
Old 08-16-2007, 09:59 AM

With button being so aggressive, I actually like how you played this. I think c/f is the best river line but I'm a station and I am beating KT so I probably c/c a bet from the button.

Thing is, with rando fishy looking guy up front, he really can't be bluffing b/c he can't expect that guy to be folding very often but I think he could maybe be value betting worse?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:05 AM

You're better off betting the flop, but it's not the end of the world.

I lead for pot on the turn, and definitely shove over the bet having checked.