Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 04:07 PM

Default how to multi table comfortably?

I've noticed there are many people on this forum who multi table, some of them incredibly high numbers of tables at once. But how is this done comfortably?

I usually only have one table open at a time but Whenever i have had two or three tables open i often find that i am involved in two hands at once and am not concentrating effectively on those two hands. As i progress in skill, i would obviously like to play on more tables at once, so would appreciate any feedback regarding methods, software, etc.

thanks,
Old 08-12-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: how to multi table comfortably?

The key really is just practice and experience with situations.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:20 PM

The way I progressed through multitabling was just playing what was comfortable until I started getting really bored at the number I was at.

I remember I got really bored playing just one table, so I tried two.. which was all I could handle for a few months until I got really bored of only two tables, so I added a third.

And I've repeated the process until now I play about seven tables comfortably, but still only play five for the most part due to computer restrictions.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:21 PM

I can 9 table but my game tightens up a lot and my winrate goes down. If I'm at 4 I'm much loser/aggressive and my winrate blows my 9 table win rate away. I wonder how these people can play 12 tables and have any Idea whats going on. I beleive they can and props to them, but its not something I would recomend. Get it up to 4 tables and stick with that.

As for how to get there, its going to take time. Play 2 tables and don't add another one on untill you are 100% confidant with you game. Then the same with 3, 4, ect... Who knows you might get bored with 4 tabling and be 12 tabling by this time next year. It works out different for evryone, just don't try to 9 table because others are. Most likely half of them are over their heads.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:03 AM

Another thing to remember is that it is more difficult to play more tables at different sites...
try 6 tables of full tilt vs 6 tables of ultimate bet..
FULL TILT is much easier (resizeable tables and non focus stealing)

If you want to learn multitabling I suggest you play slightly lower as you can win / lose money very quickly.. (relatively)
Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 AM

Just add one table at a time, get comfortable, and repeat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just add one table at a time, get comfortable, and repeat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]