Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Comcasts 50 best damn catches of all time

I made no argument about the flag, you are always going to get flagged when it happens but that doesn't mean there was intent.

Believe what you want, I don't really need to defend Marv especially to NE fans.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I made no argument about the flag, you are always going to get flagged when it happens but that doesn't mean there was intent.

Believe what you want, I don't really need to defend Marv especially to NE fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

I just said I have nothing but respect for Harrison, and you want to turn this into a Indy/NE argument?

It was a dick move. I'm willing to 'forgive' him for it because I like the guy and I can understand that you do things out of character in the heat of the moment, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a dick move. You're a fool if you disagree.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM

we disagree, whatever.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

I just said I have nothing but respect for Harrison, and you want to turn this into a Indy/NE argument?

It was a dick move. I'm willing to 'forgive' him for it because I like the guy and I can understand that you do things out of character in the heat of the moment, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a dick move. You're a fool if you disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy God, I just made a little joke about Harrison and it turns into a 10 reply hijack.

Kyro, what are you talking about? Marv didn't mean to hit Vrabel, the ball just took a bad bounce.

He was celebrating a big catch in a huge spot against the toughest team he's faced in his career, plus he's trying (I would assume) to get him team motivated.

We're talking about two of the most class guys in the NFL (Marv and Vrabel) and you think there's something going on here.

Just a bad bounce. Also, notice Marv's immediate 180 turn after the spike, if he really was going after Mike don't you think he'd have gone at him or something as opposed to ya know, ignoring him. You know it was serious because of the swings Mike and Marv took at each other afterwards. Oh wait...

Cody
Old 08-13-2007, 02:32 PM

You colts fans are so delusional. Heaven forbid Saint Marvin could possibly have made an error in judgement. And if you could point out to me where I said he intended to hit Vrabel, then props to you.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You colts fans are so delusional. Heaven forbid Saint Marvin could possibly have made an error in judgement. And if you could point out to me where I said he intended to hit Vrabel, then props to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of two things is true here:

1) Marvin was excited after a TD catch and spiked the ball. The Ball took an unlucky bounce and hit Mike in the face.

2) Marvin was excited after a TD catch and spiked the ball with the intention of hitting a NE player (in this case Vrabel but the CB was near him too). Marvin made an effort to spike the ball in such a way as to hit the pats player.

Which one do you think happend here. It's only a "dick move" if it's #2. A guy spiking the ball for the second time in his career (not exaggeration here, I can only think of 2) after one of the best catches in NFL history in a huge game isn't a "dick move" it's almost required.

If it's #1 (hint: It was) then Marv just got unlucky and the team paid 15 yards for it. Next play.

[ QUOTE ]
You colts fans are so delusional

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from a Pats fan I'm not sure how to feel just now.

Cody
Old 08-13-2007, 03:03 PM

I already said that I have no problem with what Marvin did, particularly b/c talking trash/getting excited is part of the game, and acceptable when it's coming from an all-time great like Marvin. Plenty of Pats do it as well.

but, I just want to address this:

[ QUOTE ]
The Ball took an unlucky bounce and hit Mike in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

looking at the replay, you can see he threw it right at Vrabel. it's very clear. I'm not sure if he meant to hit him or not - and I don't have a problem either way - but if he was trying to hit him, he would have thrown it in the same exact spot.

So, I don't consider it an unlucky bounce. unlucky would have been if he turned 30 degrees and it still hit Vrabel.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:13 PM

He caught the ball. Got up. Walked over to two Patriots, and spiked it into the ground, 3 feet from them, then proceeded to jabber away after hit it one of them. I mean, come on.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He caught the ball. Got up. Walked over to two Patriots, and spiked it into the ground, 3 feet from them, then proceeded to jabber away after hit it one of them. I mean, come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he didn't, he took 3 steps towards the field of play (he had gone pretty far out of bounds) then he spiked the ball and turned away from Vrabel. In fact, he didn't do anything with Vrabel until Vrabel came up to him.

To quote Mike Alstott from the latest ESPN FFB commercial, "Let it go little buddy, let it go". Look at the video and consider his track record. That should be enough to convince you he was just spiking the ball and messing around, not trying to hit Mike.

Cody
Old 08-13-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still like this catch from Japan

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this catch is getting enough love.

Linked right next to that on Youtube, I also liked this:

Great pitch