Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 02:06 PM

Default after 5 month i can say 2007 is my worst year

are the games that more poorer? My winnings this year are 20 % under 2006. Think if this continue i habe to stop poker in 2-3 years.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: after 5 month i can say 2007 is my worst year

this was always going to happen. standard rises, good players multitabling ability increases, the adults who had the gambling zest would of gotten into it the last few years. some went busto, others became good. surely people didnt expect to be able to play a computer game for life and make $x00,000 every year?

There will be a threshold of profitability which most decent grinders will be able to make, what that will be only time will tell, but expect to have to play against 5 regulars a lot and hope you one of the ones getting the plus side of variance.

i dont want to be a doomsdayer, instead just a realist. i may well be wrong though.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this was always going to happen. standard rises, good players multitabling ability increases, the adults who had the gambling zest would of gotten into it the last few years. some went busto, others became good. surely people didnt expect to be able to play a computer game for life and make $x00,000 every year?

There will be a threshold of profitability which most decent grinders will be able to make, what that will be only time will tell, but expect to have to play against 5 regulars a lot and hope you one of the ones getting the plus side of variance.

i dont want to be a doomsdayer, instead just a realist. i may well be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very hard to predict. With that said I agree with everything.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:53 PM

PartyPoker in 2005: get KK, push all-in, get called by A7, double up.

PokerStars in 2007: get KK, raise to 3xBB, folds around, collect the blinds.

Of course I'm oversimplifying and yes there are still fish, but the games have absolutely gotten worse. Good players can still win but I think it's denial to think your win rate will stay the same. We might need to recalibrate our expectations to the reality, just like it's no use pining for the days of $1.50 gasoline.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:58 PM

January was my best month ever.
February was my best month ever.
March was horrible.
April was horrible.
May is on pace to be my best month ever.

Maybe it's just improvement in my game but I'm generally doing better now than ever.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:04 PM

gasoline is on 2$ / litre here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2007, 07:08 AM

I play mostly limit full ring (2/4 - 5/10) at party, pacific and stars. My winnings in 2007 (~50k hands) are 70% under 2006 and without VIP-Bonus etc. I would play for nothing... Party was for a long time the very best site for me with good winnings, but now the tables with two > 50 VPIP donks are gone. Pacific is still good for 1/2 and 2/4 limit. And Stars? Yeah, every time I won a few hundert bucks, I have a incredible run of loosing sessions there and end with nothing but a very bad experience [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] OK, maybe Im paranoid about stars. All the smaller sites I play are not worth mention it for FR Limit Holdem any more.

Maybe I should switch to NL? Yeah, I tried it at party... Last 3 times I see Pocket Kings in my hole, I was beaten by Pocket Aces... No sir, I don't like NL
[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2007, 12:05 AM

My win rate sucks at 0.17bb/100 through 81,000 hands this year and I am getting slaughtered as of late. I am ready to throw in the towel, it doesn't seem worth it to me anymore
Old 05-25-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
if UIGEA gets repealed then there will be more donks. if not HU will always be easy.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:30 AM

I have played properly online for about a year or so, and generally play 1/2 and 2/4 NLH, and find there are still plenty of fishies around to take money off, and to chase and outdraw me as well. I know these limits arent huge, but they are big enough to make decent money every month, and the level of play is still pretty bad. It makes me sad when I hear of how hard games have got- I could only imagine how easy it must have been to play a few years ago. At a full ring table from my experience I would say playing 0.5/1 limits about 7/10 are bad players, at 1/2 about 4/10 are bad, and at 2/4 maybe 2 or 3 players are poor. Of course being 'bad' is a subjective term but I think though games may be getting tougher at limits above what i play, at my limits there is still plenty of monye to be made.