Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 09:18 PM

Default NL10 - AK oop makes TPTK

No reads on Villain

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<u>Hero (SB): $10.40</u>
BB: $28.85
UTG: $8.30
MP: $4.15
<u>CO: $10.20</u>
BTN: $12.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.60</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $1.40

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.20) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, CO calls $4

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($12.20) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ???

So whats my action here? we both have 4$ behind.

Comments on all streets are appreciated
Old 04-25-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: NL10 - AK oop makes TPTK

Pretty standard hand. Might bet a little less on flop but the pot size on the turn basically means any bet is an all-in. You might decide to check to give hands like QQ/JJ/TT a feeling of comfort that they're ahead and it might have a slightly better chance of ensuring that they get it in. But whatever he's called with on the flop pretty much pot commits him so a lead is fine.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:26 PM

I usually bet a little less on the flop, but you should plan on felting when you see this flop regardless. So just get it in.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 PM

Okay thats what i did, he let his timebank run a bit but just to ask if i can beat KKK. so he called, showed KK and i mucked. He acted like an ass afterwards telling me to ship it, etc.. Not that it makes me feel bad or something, just made me think about the hand an how i can play it better, i didnt came up with any other line so im asking you: Can i smell it? Or can i play it better? I didnt put him on KK or AA here, because i believe those hand would have reraised me pre, what do you think?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:40 PM

Yea that sucks especially when people are being as ass, but his KK play is standard at these limits, you reraised him 5x, so he just calls to Make sure the "A" didnt flop, and the rest is history.....
Old 04-26-2007, 12:03 AM

I think you played it fine. Just rack it up to bad luck or variance that your AK ran into KK and a K flopped. That doesnt happen all that often. Guys who dont 4bet KK pre tend to stack off after the Ace flops from experience anyway, so I guess his failure to 4bet preflop is the biggest mistake of the hand by either player.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 AM

Posting this is completely results oriented and silly. Of course there was nothing you could do here.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:22 AM

I agree with Yaboosh, the policy is dont post the result, when you post a hand. It seems kind os silly to post the result 2 post after you post the hand, the discussion is now dead because of it.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:26 AM

Normally I would agree about not posting the results, but the result is irrelevant here. No discussion is possible. There was just nothing to do differently here.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Posting this is completely results oriented and silly. Of course there was nothing you could do here.

[/ QUOTE ]

please reread my second post. I never thought i played it wrong or silly, just wanted to know if i can play it BETTER. And i am not results oriented. I had a debate with a friend of mine about how i could have played it differently, we didnt came up with any conclusion. so i asked 2+2, oh noes!

[ QUOTE ]
It seems kind os silly to post the result 2 post after you post the hand, the discussion is now dead because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

same goes for you: reread my second post.