Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 03-05-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: differences in strength in micro limit games

[ QUOTE ]
for some reason the 1/2 --> 2/4 transition is giving me fits. i never struggled any until then.

[/ QUOTE ]
BBB FR or 6m?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:56 PM

fr.
i don't have guts to try 2/4 6m yet since it's more swingy than full. i do 1/2 6m tho.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:24 PM

I play FT FR. I found a step up in difficulty from .25/.5 to .5/1. Seems (so far) that 1/2 isn't that harder then .5/1.

However, I have found the "mix" of players different. It seems like at 1/2, the 1 or 2 "poor" players (gamblers who don't care about the money, the clueless, or, the just bad players are the "donators" to the rest of the table) are far more noticeable/significant. The advice i've read about "iso-raises" preflop has really been useful.

It also seems like at 1/2, the much sought after "respect your raises" also seems true ... *chuckles*. I imagine that (though i've no experience) at 2/4, this "predicability" will cause me problems ...
Old 03-05-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't that make sense? You hit .5/1, competition is more difficult transition than it's been. Why shouldn't it be difficult to get past it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I feel comfortable, and am doing well in 0.5/1, but when I move up, I feel uncomfortable, and turn back into a tight nit, easily bullied, unwilling to reraise flops w/ Ace hi flush draws etc...

Bankroll and winrate say move up, sphincter says keep playing 0.5/1.

Todd

[/ QUOTE ]

take a shot, i took a 75BB hit (bad play, bad tilt, bad cards) and was forced to move down to .5/1 6m (ITS LIKE WOW A GOLDMINE?). I plan to take another shot as soon as my BR hits $600 again, except this time its at full tilt (instead of the PS rock garden)
Old 03-05-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fr.
i don't have guts to try 2/4 6m yet since it's more swingy than full. i do 1/2 6m tho.

[/ QUOTE ]
If my memory serves me correctly you mainly play at UB. Personally when I played @ UB I didn't like the 2/4 6m game there, I much preferred AP or Stars.
FWIW Stars 2/4 6m is pretty soft, but not too LP which is what I liked about it 'cause I hate playing @ tables full of LPP fish. (unless of course the deck is being very favorable to me!)
If you are beating 1/2 6m @ UB, my guess is you should go well at the 2/4 6m game @ Stars. (Take into account I'm assuming based on UB about 6 months ago compared to Stars present).
Old 03-05-2007, 10:32 PM

Well, the first time around (before taking most of my money out of the pokersites because of Congress), I found the move from .5/1 to 1/2 the hardest.

I'm gradually working my way back up so we will see what happens when I get back to 1/2 this time.

Doc
Old 03-06-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I feel comfortable , and am doing well in 0.5/1, but when I move up, I feel uncomfortable, and turn back into a tight nit, easily bullied, unwilling to reraise flops w/ Ace hi flush draws etc...

[/ QUOTE ]
I've taken some minor shots at 1/2 in the past, but found myself playing rockish and getting bullied around as well. After playing about 200k hands at 0.5/1 I've found I'm no longer scared of the brutal 1/2 6max swings. So when my head is clear and I feel on top of my game I play 1/2, when I'm a bit out of it (read: tired) I mostly just play .5/1 on autopilot. In the word of Borat Sagdiyev: Great success!

Oh, and I dont find the tables that much harder on 1/2. They're more aggressive and there are more competent players, but the fish frequency is usually more than sufficient with good table selection.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:16 AM

i thought the move from 1/2 to 2/4 was the most difficult. i only play 6-max, and i've found the 2/4 games tend to be more aggressive/fewer calling stations. for you full-ringers, try 6-max for a change--lots of fun =)
Old 03-06-2007, 06:04 AM

you will find the games get easier as you go up, as more players will play properly and respect your raises. thus they get easier to read and you wont get so many terrible suckouts
Old 03-06-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you will find the games get easier as you go up, as more players will play properly and respect your raises. thus they get easier to read and you wont get so many terrible suckouts

[/ QUOTE ]Surely there are the imaginative ones that like variety and sneakyness to make your life difficult. If the games get easier as they go up then I need to get my butt in gear and get to $2/4! (Though I question the accuracty of your statement)