Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 09-20-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #1 Turn

Well MJ is done here in my mind. He has checked twice and there are a million draws out there so he would bet if he was going to continue. Which I don't really think is all that weak tight. He called with a good hand and wiffed, he is allowed to check fold.

I would put cutoffs range at TT-55,KJs+,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,KJo+,QJo,JTo,T9o,98o So basically most limping hands have got there.

We are only about 36% from here. But everything looks so pretty. The question I would now ask myself is "What are my chances of winning a much bigger pot?" Not too good.

So now if I raise I have to raise to about 4,000 which is almost half of my stack. And if he calls I have to push the river. So it has become a push/fold. I might lean towards folding.

But, that would really matter about the table and what I think I could do with a monster stack or with the stack I have now. If I feel like if I double up here I will rule this table I might gamble. Because there are a good number of holdings he might not call with. I would think he is only calling with a straight or a set of 10s, which really helps our fold equity and might make this a slightly +EV spot.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:09 AM

i'm gonna jump on the raise to 5k bandwagon. i think it'll be tough for CO to just call a strong hand on the raise, so i'd push any river (except maybe a Q). get all-in on the turn if need be.

i don't know why everyone is talking about the "deep stacks" like it's level one at the wsop. this is almost exactly like level 1 at party only multiplied by 10.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know why everyone is talking about the "deep stacks" like it's level one at the wsop. this is almost exactly like level 1 at party only multiplied by 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess b/c I'm used to having much less when the BB 150.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:22 AM

I don't understand why anyone would push here. There is not enough information to do so--the villians have only invested 600 each in this pot and the flop was checked around. While the hero has a fantastic drawing hand he is likely behind here and could be up against KJ or even J8 as well as a set.

Range for MJ/CO: AA-22, AK-A9, KQ-K9, QT-Q9, JT-J8

I call. I don't want MJ to raise. The river question is how badly to go after the pot if I don't make my hand and its checked or small bet to me. I don't think its that tricky if the flush or straight comes.

I play this hand much more aggressive if I'm HU....
Old 09-20-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its "Day One" and its $10K and its likely the third or fourth level.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:32 AM

i hate raising here and think its a pretty bad play. I call and i dont like where i'm at right now. Folding is good if you dont think he'll call a value bet when you hit.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:37 AM

I call here.

I push any 8,j,club,k on the river. I fold/check everything else.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:47 AM

MJ still to act kind of scares me, but I do suspect he's done with the hand after two checks. I favor a call, as it allows me the most options on the river without committing me to any particular act. Though I wonder how much, if any, I'll be able to extract if I hit.

Edit: Looking at that last statement, I'm rethinking.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:52 AM

What CO hands call our raise to 5K? What hands do you think reraise us all in? Consider that we reaised PF, did not continuation bet on the flop and now raise him.
He could easily be taking a stab at the pot like we were debating doing on the flop.

I'm definitely not that worried about MJ here. Two checks and now the board is terrifying.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:55 AM

I also favor a call. Unfortunately, it screams "I'm on a draw", but you may also get MJ to come along for the ride and build the pot if you hit.