Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 01-06-2007, 08:58 PM

Default 5/10 KQo

5/10 on some online site

This villain raises a lot preflop, and is capable of check-raising the flop or turn with any kind of good draw. He will continue to bet his draws unimproved, including bluffing the river. I've also seen him peel the flop very lightly. He is pretty aggressive.

Preflop: UTG folds, villain limps, the CO limps, button folds, Hero calls with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB, BB checks.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, BB checks, villain bets, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero check-raises, villain calls

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets, villain raises, Hero?
Old 01-06-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: 5/10 KQo

raise pf u have the nuts

betting flop will get a lot more money in. if u cr u pretty rarely get to raise again. betting the flop is also usually the only way to get a bet from A3 or 48 or T9
betting turn will get more money in
probably fold river, i dunno how big the pot is. u should understand that ur hand is exactly the same as Q7 here
Old 01-06-2007, 09:41 PM

The just call of a reraise on the turn signifies that he may have spades draw or the jack and a pair or just a pair. He may have missed a draw and reraised the river since its his only chance to win the pot or because he hit hard. The clubs were running cards so we can probably disregard this flush. What hands would he bet the flop with is tough to guess since you did not lead out. I like your play but with the bad turn and river you don't know where you stand. This is a call if you think he is betting a missed draw 1 in 10 i think it is that many BB in the pot then it is an automatic call and this is clearly the case. You lose way too much equity if you fold with two pair and these odds from the pot. Folding is an incorrect play, especially against this style of player.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

probably fold river, i dunno how big the pot is. u should understand that ur hand is exactly the same as Q7 here

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call because he could be tard raising a worse 2 pair, or even bluff raising a pair he's gonna call with anyway, from the description it sounds like he might be capable of that. Pot is ~10BB I think.