Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: AK

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it doesn't matter much in a vaccum, but if you bet this you probably c-bet too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting hand. It probably exposes a typical leak in many players games. I agree that because the hero has the Ad it may be good to bet the flop. I wouldn't criticize a check either.

McGahee makes an excellent point. Inappropriate continuation bets can add up. They trap us into showdowns we should not have been in. Unless we've a read on the table that negates the likelihood of of a check-raise and promotes the likelihood of some folds, the free card is the turn card.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it doesn't matter much in a vaccuum, but if you bet this you probably c-bet too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many times I am on the record in this forum advocating a check on the flop after a preflop raise. Oftentimes I've been much maligned for it and made to suffer the castigations of the mindless chip spewing Aggrodonkey crowd repulsed by the thought of a flop check, as if it's very consideration would make their testicles shrivel.

Now--for some reason--on this hand--checkers are coming out of the woodwork.

I'm a little curious about that. If all the 90+% C-Betters that seem to be around don't bet this flop, which flops are you C-betting? The ones where your OOP with Tens and Jacks and Queens on them that hit all kinds of hands hard?
Old 01-07-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
--for some reason--

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd cbet with 2 opponents, but not 3. That's my reasoning.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:01 AM

So in this thread the consensus seems to be checking behind on the flop which I would normally do as well.

But in this thread which I posted a few weaks ago I was generally adviced to c-bet AT on a Q82 board with a BDFD against 3 opponents in position.

So here is what I dont get: Why should I c-bet that particular flop while Bob is adviced to check behind. I was adviced to c-bet cuz there was several worse draws that would call me (see Danzasmacks reply), but there seems to plenty of worse draws as well that would call Bob on this flop [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

@ OP
Sorry Bob if I am hijacking your thread.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you bet this you probably c-bet too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably c-bet too much.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:35 AM

Well there aren't many common posters in each thread [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
I do think your hand is closer to a bet:
A) Villian needs 2 cards instead of 1 to have a gutshot - ie the board is more coordinated. HU this wouldn't make any difference, but vs. 3 players the more drawy board increases the collective equity against you.
B) The Q is a more "credible" card for you.
C) You have an additional backdoor draw.

I'd be more inclined to say "it doesn't matter" re: your hand; this one's a pretty clear check IMO.

I dunno, my Cbetting % is pretty damn high because I'm not in many 4way raised pots anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]