Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 05:36 PM

Default A9s

This villain seemed to like betting more than calling, but no read beyond that. I'd play it the same with a passive read.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 12-05-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Re: A9s

I likes it, he should be vbing worse Aces hed call in the BB with, so calling the river even is +EV, and he will bet the turn with almost anything he peeled so I like the line in general for that reason (who knows maybe he ll fire J10 J9 or some other crap on the river again also). And u dont face the tough decision vs a turn raise and dont put in more bets when behind than ahead neccessarily. good line

looks good
Old 12-05-2006, 05:45 PM

villian likes to bet but still he didnt bet(raise) the flop, meaning he prolly hasnt got a Q how about a turn c/r

what it do?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:50 PM

ba da bap ba baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm lovin' it
Old 12-05-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I likes it, he should be vbing worse Aces hed call in the BB with, so calling the river even is +EV, and he will bet the turn with almost anything he peeled so I like the line in general for that reason (who knows maybe he ll fire J10 J9 or some other crap on the river again also). And u dont face the tough decision vs a turn raise and dont put in more bets when behind than ahead neccessarily. good line

looks good

[/ QUOTE ]

Facing a turn raise shouldn't be a tough decision here. You are HU against an unknown on a paired flop, 2 of a suit, and an ace on board.. He usually has a drawing hand like JT, a made Qx or a weaker ace (since he's basically unknown, he could be raising with any of that range).

In any case, I think he is betting the turn when checked to with all of the worse hands I mentioned above, and your line does save us a bet against a Q.. So I think this hand is well played.

[ QUOTE ]
villian likes to bet but still he didnt bet(raise) the flop, meaning he prolly hasnt got a Q how about a turn c/r

what it do?

[/ QUOTE ]
That is just taking a small, indefinite read too far.

HU LHE - villain is almost always waiting for the turn to raise his flopped trips. That is such thing as taking a small, indefinite read too far.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:06 PM

Anyone like a donk on the river? I don't like missing value and letting this river check through. Easy fold to raise.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone like a donk on the river? I don't like missing value and letting this river check through. Easy fold to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a viable option, but I think I like the ch/c on the river a little better.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:11 PM

DDY,

If this guy bets that turn I think he bets that river. That's why I check/call and win vs J9.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DDY,

If this guy bets that turn I think he bets that river. That's why I check/call and win vs J9.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes + the feeling of inducing this guy to bet his junk on 2 streets in a row is just too awesome to pass up
Old 12-05-2006, 06:42 PM

good