Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 12:07 AM

Default 77

Villain here seems taggish and has been 3betting me a lot preflop.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:15 AM

Default Re: 77

I'd fold.

This isn't going to be a worse hand 1 in four times.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:25 AM

probably fold. hard to imagine a hand he would get out of line with here.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:41 AM

I dunno, this is a blind steal situation, that's the line you would take if you wanted to resteal it on the turn...
Old 12-01-2006, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, this is a blind steal situation, that's the line you would take if you wanted to resteal it on the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats true. depends a lot on the games and how common a turn resteal is etc etc. obv against some players i would never fold anything to, but sometimes you gotta give some kind of credit. if OP said that conditions felt like he should call down i wouldnt' have a problem with that either.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:17 AM

sometimes i feel like the hands i am most confused by get the fewest responses.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How are those hands going? Are you folding a lot of aggression? enough where you think he could c/r 2 hearts here?

If this is some straight-forward TAG playing by the book I might find a fold. But I think a showdown isn't bad if you're not sure what to do.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How are those hands going? Are you folding a lot of aggression? enough where you think he could c/r 2 hearts here?

If this is some straight-forward TAG playing by the book I might find a fold. But I think a showdown isn't bad if you're not sure what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was folding to aggression. I left the table not too long after that hand, just because I didn't like the seating arrangement.

I don't know how straightforward of a TAG he was, if he was really a TAG.

I think I could have gone to showdown here, but I didn't. Sometimes I feel that players take shots at me once they see me employ a bet/fold line more than once. They figure, "hey worth a shot, this guy's a folder." I think 77 would be a good hand to look someone up with in this scenario, as opposed to something like AJo ui.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would have to default call down and note his hand.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

showdown. He's c/ring this turn with a lot of drawing hands. I would seriously consider 3-betting and taking a free showdown.