Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Luxor Ruling

I don't really think the floor behaved fine. For sure it's bad business to treat your customers that way. I only meant that no one should expect anything better out of the Luxor floor than what actually happened. If I were a player at another table on a different night, I'd be ultra-pissed if the floor stopped my game for five minutes because some drunken moran (not calling HB that moran, just the average Luxor poker patron) decided he had to be heard about why he was right and everyone else, including the dealer, was wrong.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:59 PM

Since you quoted what I said about the floorman also being the supervisor I want to clarify a difference between large LA rooms and small Vegas rooms (since Rick is much more familiar with large rooms). In large LA rooms you can ask the floor to call the supervisor. In large clubs the rule is "the supervisor's decision is final." In small poker rooms the floorman double as the supervisor; there is no more experienced floorperson for him to cal if he isn't able to handle the situation. He certainly can talk to someone (they will be from the pit) about the floorman being rude, but this person he talk to will not be inclined to reverse the floorman and the game certainly won't be held up while this person is called (as it would be in LA).
Old 11-14-2006, 06:07 PM

Is it so hard to announce "all in" verbally and stop being a nit.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dealer had complained about a dollar tip I gave him a few hands before this (said something like, "That WHOLE dollar is for me?"). In retrospect, that may have had something to do with his actions in this hand. Maybe, maybe not. I'm starting to wonder but who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a dealer says that the correct answer is "No, I need change."

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I ever tilted like that (the tilt was after his ruling btw, I was calm before) but I should have stayed calm and played the hand out at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilt seems very uncharacteristic form you.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it so hard to announce "all in" verbally and stop being a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the dealer says it for you and then lies about it, yes.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and the game certainly won't be held up while this person is called (as it would be in LA).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Randy.

Quick point. Often in LA when a floor needs to have the supervisor check the camera or needs a consultation the pot can be impounded so a better decision can be made while the game goes on.

~ Rick
Old 11-14-2006, 07:26 PM

LOL Impoundaments...

A
Old 11-14-2006, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were a player at another table on a different night, I'd be ultra-pissed if the floor stopped my game for five minutes because some drunken moran (not calling HB that moran, just the average Luxor poker patron) decided he had to be heard about why he was right and everyone else, including the dealer, was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's that line between refusing to let the player speak at all (or just upfront telling him that nothing he can possibly say would matter), and letting someone argue and argue and argue. Howard was just asking to be allowed to state the facts as he saw them when he believed the dealer hadn't correctly related what happened, and he was not allowed to do that. UNacceptable. If the dealer is always right, why are we bothering to call the floor?

I have had a dealer explain to me before that it is impossible to NOT make a string bet by using two hands to make the wager. That you MUST state the amount, or somehow get all the chips into one hand because otherwise one stack of chips will arrive SLIGHTLY before the other, even if it's 1 millisecond, and thus it's a string bet. Sounds a little like the guy Howard found last night. *cough*
Old 11-14-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have had a dealer explain to me before that it is impossible to NOT make a string bet by using two hands to make the wager. That you MUST state the amount, or somehow get all the chips into one hand because otherwise one stack of chips will arrive SLIGHTLY before the other, even if it's 1 millisecond, and thus it's a string bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the nittiest thing I've ever heard in my life...

AB
Old 11-14-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL Impoundaments...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thoght somethin got past my spel cheker [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick