Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Anyone else get ticked off by yahoo FF

When does it admit that it's giving you advice. That's under the player notes section. This is news not advice. What are you bitching about? The expert advice is in the Fantasy Matchups and Scouting report part. Your readin the fantasy player notes. I'm not sure what your expecting.

The must plays / what to do are given in the matchups section and the Week 8 Ranks and the Projections. Your reading the notes.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I want them to set my roster for me, I don't. All I'm saying with that is that if they are going to call it advice they should straight up say "THISPLAYER would be a good choice this week" or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which would be difficult to do without knowing what your other options are at QB that week. For one owner, Romo may be a great choice and for another owner Romo would be a laughable start.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:03 PM

Yeah, I'm trying to persuade my FF friends to switch to a FF site next year that has free live scoring updates. Yahoo charges you $10 for that option. I also got a laugh out of Yahoo's recommendations for my starters one week. It suggested I put M. Colston at WR and leave my TE spot empty rather than put Colston at TE and put another receiver at WR. Weird.

For advice on your roster, Yahoo also has the 5-star rating system. You can view your entire roster's matchup rating for the week under "News & Expert Advice"/"Fantasy Matchups." That will give you advice for who to start. This is sometimes inconsistent with the estimated FF points Yahoo gives for the upcoming week, so take them both into consideration.

ScottieK
Old 10-27-2006, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When does it admit that it's giving you advice. That's under the player notes section. This is news not advice. What are you bitching about? The expert advice is in the Fantasy Matchups and Scouting report part. Your readin the fantasy player notes. I'm not sure what your expecting.

The must plays / what to do are given in the matchups section and the Week 8 Ranks and the Projections. Your reading the notes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm in the player notes section, thats my point. All I want when I look at the player notes is news and notes, but sometimes at the bottom they have an advice paragraph, it actually will say "Advice:" Check out this link containing my example in the OP. Romo "Advice"
Old 10-27-2006, 03:15 PM

Maybe it's not flat out saying it but as others have pointed out, it's pretty obvious on what it means. If this really makes you mad, stop reading it. I don't see why you actually care.

Advice: Bell's performance moved him into second in the league in rushing with 585 yards through six games with a 4.7 yards per carry average. He only has two touchdowns on the season, but both have come in the last two games. This week the Broncos host Indianapolis, which is ranked 31st in rushing defense, allowing 158.0 yards per game. Bell had 91 yards on 16 rushes in a 33-14 Denver win on Jan. 2, 2005 -- his only career game against the Colts.

Thus it doesn't say really much e/c news but it basically says he's a must play since he's been playing well and Indy's run D is bad.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:53 PM

What is your preferred site?
Old 10-27-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, but unfortunatly the people I play in leagues with use yahoo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2006, 04:05 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

The real reason to dislike Yahoo is the Marques Colston dual eligibility fiasco.

Of course, I own Colston in my Yahoo league, so Yahoo = awesome
Old 10-27-2006, 05:47 PM

I got to Colston in my fanball league and he is WR only. I was minutes late on picking him up in yahoo, [censored] yahoo
Old 10-27-2006, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The real reason to dislike Yahoo is the Marques Colston dual eligibility fiasco.

Of course, I own Colston in my Yahoo league, so Yahoo = awesome

[/ QUOTE ]