Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Tough Badugi hand ($100-$200 at Rio)

[ QUOTE ]

First night was me, groth911t, death donkey, Noli Fransisco (spl?) , Victor Ramdin, and Paul Darden for ahwile.. Three triple draw addicts and three wpt final tablists isnt what i had in mind for a great game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i guess that would qualify as not exactly a 'great game', but then again, Noli is kind of a maniac, so catch him running bad and it can be kinda decent.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:47 AM

That hand was so sick for groth!

Noli was pat after 1st draw, groth check raised his 85 badugi after 2nd draw and the floor had to be called after victor felt that it was a string raise. Most of the table felt the raise was legitimate and the pot was huge by this point. Noli was esp vocal saying that Groths raise was legitimate. Paul called two bets to draw and noli made it 4 bets.. Groth and Paul called. On the river it was checked to Noli who offered a 3 way chop (saying it was unfair to catch paul in the middle of this string raise mess), Groth refused at this point (As Noli offers to chop most of the pots he's clearly about to lose) figuring he had the winner, noli checks behind and shows a 542A badugi to scoop what must of been a $3k (pretty huge as we were playing $75-$150 at this point) pot. Surprised groth didn't take a walk.

(this is how i remember the action, it probably didn't go exactly this way but was pretty close)
Old 07-29-2006, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That hand was so sick for groth!

[/ QUOTE ]

The one thing everyone says about Noli is that the guy has a heart. His moral system is a little weird, but its really strong. This is a good example of how he thinks, great story IWTB.

Poor Garth... Now its time to discuss strategy - does anyone not like his 85 Badugi check-raise? Does anyone fold to a 4 bet? Does anyone break the 8? These are situations where I have yet to figure out how to gage the strength of my hand...

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2006, 11:54 AM

I would never break that, he played well and it was just a crazy hand. Btw Groth and Garth are not the same person.

Update from Vegas: I just lost 20k playing 200/400 BOT with Jean Robert Bellande, an ok pro I don't know who is buddies with Daniel Negreanu, and a drunk rich guy who is a "gambling legend" that I've never heard of (plays in the Flynt game and random [censored] like that). Poker sucks.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-29-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would never break that, he played well and it was just a crazy hand. Btw Groth and Garth are not the same person.

Update from Vegas: I just lost 20k playing 200/400 BOT with Jean Robert Bellande, an ok pro I don't know who is buddies with Daniel Negreanu, and a drunk rich guy who is a "gambling legend" that I've never heard of (plays in the Flynt game and random [censored] like that). Poker sucks.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh, thanks. I assumed it was the same person. What was the most painful part of that BOT game, Badugi, TD, or Omaha for you?

Old 07-29-2006, 01:02 PM

The only game I may have won in was Omaha which is funny because I am worst at it. The Badugi was just a constant stream of getting pat hands beat by better ones including where I was pat after one draw with 76 and he donks the river, I value raise and he just calls with 75. Oh and another hand where I got check/called on the river after we both drew one by an 8 badugi and I had made a 9 and value bet. Sure didn't expect to lose that one.

In triple draw it was basically me starting with 2367 or so capped 3 ways preflop and bricking out. I posted a couple O/8 hands in that forum that hopefully will get comments, shorthanded O/8 is fun I've decided.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-29-2006, 01:07 PM

The 76xx value raise is slim when someone donks into you, I think I'd so the same with a 74xx but call down with 75xx or 76xx. I'm basing my decision process on the median hand range, and the fact that I can't call a 3-bet but I know anyone who donks is going to call a raise.

Caveat: I don't know if I am right, this is just my logical reasoning, I don't have the math to back it up.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:43 AM

TT,

haven't played Badugi yet, when you say 76xx, are you referring to a 2 card, or a 4 card hand?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

haven't played Badugi yet, when you say 76xx, are you referring to a 2 card, or a 4 card hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case a 4 card badugi.