Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 03:15 PM

Default The freeze in 2-7

Ive been thinking a lot about freezing in 2-7 as ive been playing higher and find this move more important. My standard play in position with one draw to go if we have both drawn 1:

Raise #9 and better..
Freeze all 87s
Mix it up with my raises with 9s and Ts and Js.

I than bet my smoother 87s and check behind my rougher ones if the opponent checks to me. Im starting to think this is pretty wrong. So often people bet out with 9s and dont break to a raise that i think im missing a ton of value frezing them when they are pat anyways. What do you guys think about this. On the other hand getting 3 bet by a better hand when i probably wont break is a good way to lose a lot of bets as well. Obviously theres no set way to go as being predicatable in this game is bad news. I like the freeze because after you get someone a couple of times in a row they will start checking their nines to you and standing pat if you dont bet. Free draws are always good in that spot.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:03 PM

Default Re: The freeze in 2-7

BUMP.. anyone?
Old 05-06-2006, 03:23 PM

If you dont want them breaking their 9, isnt calling after the second draw better? Maybe i dont understand the question.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:34 PM

I think he's saying that that was his thought process, but at the same time in higher games people aren't going to break their 9 anyway so he's missing a bet.

I'm not sure what the question is exactly, but it seems to me that if the ONLY hand you freeze with are 87XXX then you don't gain anything on the river, but since I don't know a lot about 2-7 the purpose of the move might have nothing to do with making a bet on the river, just guaranteeing that you don't get sucked out on.