Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-27-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
Barry is so good at keeping the live ones happy.

He is a true live pro, emphasizing that Jamie lost the minimum, even though Jamie misplayed his hand. Also, going on about a hand where Guy played well but had bad luck in a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the show, I looked up the live updates from this year's WPT Championship final table to see what Barry was talking about. Barry was describing how someone made a terrible play against Guy and ended up busting him.

I was surprised to see the opponent was Kirk Morrison, the guy ESPN fawned over throughout the main event.

Here the hand, from Cardplayer.com:

Guy Laliberte Eliminated 4th ($696,220)
72. Guy Laliberte raises to $1,000,000 from under the gun and Kirk Morrison calls from the big blind. The flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Morrison checks. Laliberte bets $2,000,000 and Morrison moves all in. Laliberte makes the call for his last $5,440,000 and shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Morrison turns over 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The turn comes the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], giving Laliberte more outs. The river comes the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and Morrison's pair of deuces hold up, eliminating Laliberte from the tournament.

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty interesting hand. I've never heard Barry openly criticize someone's play like that. I wonder what Kirk will think when he sees that broadcast...probably "Oh well, I won $2 million in that tournament, who cares what Barry thinks of me?"

By the way, Guy only has 19 outs there by my count, instead of 25 as he claimed on HSP.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:05 AM

Farha had some great one liner's tonight... had me laughing at several points. PA's facial expression after Farha insta-called his all-in was priceless.

- T
Old 11-27-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Barry is so good at keeping the live ones happy.

He is a true live pro, emphasizing that Jamie lost the minimum, even though Jamie misplayed his hand. Also, going on about a hand where Guy played well but had bad luck in a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the show, I looked up the live updates from this year's WPT Championship final table to see what Barry was talking about. Barry was describing how someone made a terrible play against Guy and ended up busting him.

I was surprised to see the opponent was Kirk Morrison, the guy ESPN fawned over throughout the main event.

Here the hand, from Cardplayer.com:

Guy Laliberte Eliminated 4th ($696,220)
72. Guy Laliberte raises to $1,000,000 from under the gun and Kirk Morrison calls from the big blind. The flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Morrison checks. Laliberte bets $2,000,000 and Morrison moves all in. Laliberte makes the call for his last $5,440,000 and shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Morrison turns over 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The turn comes the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], giving Laliberte more outs. The river comes the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and Morrison's pair of deuces hold up, eliminating Laliberte from the tournament.

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty interesting hand. I've never heard Barry openly criticize someone's play like that. I wonder what Kirk will think when he sees that broadcast...probably "Oh well, I won $2 million in that tournament, who cares what Barry thinks of me?"

By the way, Guy only has 19 outs there by my count, instead of 25 as he claimed on HSP.

[/ QUOTE ]

19 outs? 8 clubs + any AJ (6 more) + any 3Q (6 more) doesn't that add up to 20? lol

Of course i don't know if they're dead or live outs (because we don't see the 2 other hands that were folded or the burn card but anyway)

Tonight show was great, now we gotta wait 2 weeks for a new one, that's torture lol (because of last week leak of ep 15)

For one rare time in my life i did enjoy the business deal Antonius and Farha made, either one of them wanted to tell their hand was pretty funny.

Guy laliberte didn't play as bad as i think he would of, only mistake he did was that A5 hand (yes it was a big mistake) but if doyle don't have the flush draw with is big Ace he probably wouldn't call there.

But afterall were talking about someone who makes 850,000$ a week out of interest in his bank account alone with another 60 million a week generating by le cirque du soleil all over the world, so i guess he'll just have to donate to that foundation straight from his pocket lol.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:29 AM

Doyle: "what are you guys sleeping together or something".. referring to Sammy/Gold AA/KK hand..
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
19 outs? 8 clubs + any AJ (6 more) + any 3Q (6 more) doesn't that add up to 20? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

One of those Aces wouldn't happen to the Ace of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] would it...?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle: "what are you guys sleeping together or something".. referring to Sammy/Gold AA/KK hand..
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle's a funny guy.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:53 AM

PA bought in for 1million right?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why they made such a big deal out of Doyle's call there. With the nut flush draw, and the fact that Guy has shown himself to be kind of out of control, that was a trivially easy call getting around ~4:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is where reads/experience matters. i think doyle had a dead-on read/tell on Guy to make that turn bet/call.

He wasn't getting 4:1. I think it was 2.5:1 or 3:1. In general, top-pair-medium-kicker won't be good that often against a big raise like that. Its a pretty tough call to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are u serious??? Doyle's thought process was probably something like this:

A. I'm in big pot with 1 of the 2 table fish.
B. I have top pair, good kicker, and nut flush draw.
C. I probably have best hand, if i don't i have nut flush draw.
D. I'm allin.

This is such an incredibly easy allin against guy it's not even funny.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 AM

I was all ready to soil myself if the case 2 came on that Benyamine s/f hand.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:03 AM

I would have laughed my ass off if Guy would have sucked out on Doyle even for half of the pot.

Doyle would have went on MEGA TILT.